Atem 2CD Remaster

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

Cyclone wrote:
har wrote:...
Disc 2 The Deuschlandhalle Perfromance, Berlin '73.
Is disc 2 an upgrade of TT23 / the Keen Auricle version? More music? Better sound?
How long is the track? Is the radio speaker's intro included?
40 minutes and 3 seconds :wink: No speaker intro just straight into the haunting, atmospheric, disturbing synthscape :? 8)

Can't compare with TT23 as do not possess same. What I can say is I am pleased with the sound on both the Atem disc and "Deutschlandhalle". In fact that is understated.........................very pleased. Great purchase.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote: Still not here yet. :cry:
C'mon posties, get yir fingers out :!: :wink:

Nothing worse than waiting for TD discs .
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Still not here yet. :cry:
C'mon posties, get yir fingers out :!: :wink:

Nothing worse than waiting for TD discs .
I don't really like TD. I just love the vigil. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Currently listening to disc 1. Sounds good.

Nice liner notes by Malcolm Dome but, I suspect, not as good as if they had been written by Andy King. No new information.

Very nice cover and a nice selection of photos.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

This Atem "Remaster" is a heavily denoised version of the Castle-Release from the 1990s. This can easily be revealed in any Program like Wavelab.

Definately no "Definitive" Remaster. :(
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

burningbrain wrote:This Atem "Remaster" is a heavily denoised version of the Castle-Release from the 1990s. This can easily be revealed in any Program like Wavelab.

Definitely no "Definitive" Remaster. :(

Agreed, A very amateurish remaster. NoNoise/deNoise seems to be Esoteric's trademark. I thought that that kind of nonsense went out in the mid 90's when anyone who was anyone in the professional circles spoke on how even when done 'correctly' NR removes music. I guess Esoteric thinks we will like when TD's music sound like it is coming from a foot underwater. I for one do not. No more of my money will go to them regardless of bonus material.
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

Nice to see that the last of the remaining good sounding unofficial recordings from the golden era finally get an official release, although in this particular case I still prefer the TT/Keen Auricle version over this one as it has a slightly clearer sound. Now only Reims 1974 is begging for an official release, in fact i was hoping for a 3rd Bootleg Box Set which could have been made up of Cologne 1972 (now the bonus disc of "Zeit"), Berlin 1973, Reims 1974, Brussels 9th Feb. 1976, Mannheim 1976, East Berlin 1980 and West Berlin 1987. And i would add the original remastered Tree recordings of Detroit 1977, Montreal 1977 and Sydney 1982 again, as the Bootmoon versions turned out pretty ugly thanks to the additional denoising.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

I really splurged on this one and got the SHM-CD Version. Not sure if it makes a big difference, but the Deutschlandhalle Performance sure sounds great on this one. No liner notes/Extended booklet in this version, though