The Gate of Saturn

wayfarer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by wayfarer »

I agree with all the comments saying that this is one of the best cupdiscs. I'm so glad Vernal Rapture has been released on CD as it has been a great favourite of mine since it was made available to us TDOC subscribers. Not taking anything away from the Master (Edgar, not the villain in Doctor Who) but I do hope Thorsten gets to write more tracks like Vernal Rapture and The End of Bondage. There's a definitive edge and energy to them.
har

Post by har »

Just reiterating.....................

This "longrun" cup disc is MAGNIFICENT
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Just reiterating.....................

Not listened to it too many times. :oops:

...keep going back to Angel From The West Window.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:Just reiterating.....................

Not listened to it too many times. :oops:

...keep going back to Angel From The West Window.
Just listened again there.

Getting even better.................Awesome.

I love TD :D 8) :P
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Same as with "The Angel" : I've played it carefully at least 10 times now, so I think my opinion won't change soon.
I don't manage to remember a melody or pattern on the title track.
I also like this version of some part of Logos very much (why not giving it a title with a colour like what's been done previously for excerpts of "Logos" on various compilations during the last 17 years ?! That would be easier to identify it) and Cool At Heart is also closer to hwat I enjoy in arrazngements. This version made me re-disciver a track that I had quite forgotten.
I also do like the two other tracks signed my Thorsten Quaeschning pretty much, yes. Especially Vernal Rapture.
A pity that "the Gate of Saturn" itself didn't impress me much.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Shock. Horror.

My brother, who is in no way a fan of TD, has purchased a copy of The Gates Of Saturn. The reason is that he was much impressed by a video put up on YouTube of TD playing the new version of Logos at the Lowry.

There's hope for him yet. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I hope come in the mail for long. :roll:

:!: :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I love this EP, every track's a winner 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I finally my package had come in mail today for The Gate of Saturn.
Nice in CD Jewel Case and Made in Mexico a sticker label said sell it on July 5 2011
Also it part of Tangerine Dream H0t Summer Music this master CD was made by Sony.

So I well enjoy this music. 8) :wink:

har

Post by har »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:I finally my package had come in mail today for The Gate of Saturn.
Nice in CD Jewel Case and Made in Mexico a sticker label said sell it on July 5 2011
Also it part of Tangerine Dream H0t Summer Music this master CD was made by Sony.

Nice one Peter,

Enjoy all your new TD music 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:I finally my package had come in mail today for The Gate of Saturn.

Let us know what you think when you've listened a couple of times.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

You mean you received "The Gate of Saturn" in a jewel case ? You're lucky, then.
I dislike those cardboard sleeves... Makes the CD look really cheap and really easy to lose, or difficult to find on the shelves
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Marc M wrote:You mean you received "The Gate of Saturn" in a jewel case ? You're lucky, then.
I dislike those cardboard sleeves... Makes the CD look really cheap and really easy to lose, or difficult to find on the shelves
Must agree... :x
ant

Post by ant »

:) I had a half dozen plastic boxes that we used to get computer discs in years ago and I use them to keep all my TD cardboard sleeved discs in and that means they are all enclosed in the boxes and dust free. Having said that I am on the last one so probably enough room for another 4 to 6 and then that will be it - unless I can find anymore old boxes at work. :)
Biggus Dickus