Edgar on William Shatner's new album this year ??

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar on William Shatner's new album this year ??

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Last edited by T4N63R1N3 DR34M on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hansx

Re: Edgar on Williams Shatner new album this year ??

Post by hansx »

Why not? Looking great. Edgar goes Startrek. :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Have you seen the list of musicians involved ?

As well as Edgar there are performances from:

Manuel Gottsching
Steve Hillage
Alan Parsons
Michael Schenker
John Wetton
Steve Howe

As well as loads of others.
What a list of star names :shock:

I look forward to hearing this when (if) it does get released.

It can only be AMAZING ! :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I really hope so, William Shatner`s contribution to music is pure genius
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

!!Wow!! :shock:

:!: :arrow:
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Looking forward to this one 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

One thing's for certain. It will be mental :lol: :lol:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Never heard of this guy, but he has loads of well known musicians playing on this, I see. And a cover of Learning to Fly :!: :D
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Insvims wrote:Never heard of this guy, but he has loads of well known musicians playing on this, I see. And a cover of Learning to Fly :!: :D
Really ? Never heard of William Shatner ?

He was Captain Kirk in the original 60's/70s Star Trek series, played the cop T J Hooker in the 80's and played Danny Crane in US law series Boston Legal in the 00's.
(amongst many other things)

One of the songs that he did on his first album was a cover of Elton John's Rocket Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hARDXYz2io

SO, based on this performance, just WHAT can we expect from the new album 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Insvims wrote:Never heard of this guy, but he has loads of well known musicians playing on this, I see. And a cover of Learning to Fly :!: :D
Really ? Never heard of William Shatner ?

He was Captain Kirk in the original 60's/70s Star Trek series, played the cop T J Hooker in the 80's and played Danny Crane in US law series Boston Legal in the 00's.
(amongst many other things)

One of the songs that he did on his first album was a cover of Elton John's Rocket Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hARDXYz2io

SO, based on this performance, just WHAT can we expect from the new album 8)
Dont know if you guys get the show '$#*! My Dad Says ' across the Pacific, but William Shatner stars in this show also. Pretty funny I might say. Also he is the "Priceline" commercial guy. Checking out his website he is a very busy guy these days. His face and name is all over this planet. Star Trek is probably one of the longest running syndicated shows. A classic. Not a trekkie or a big fan of Star Trek. I'm more into the X-files factor. But who would of known that William Shatner would be listening to TD, and the electronic-music scene. I guess he did Star Trek and was "involved in the 60's and early 70's scene. So why not!! :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

It's quite like an April Fool isn't it ? :? Except they say it was published on the 13th.
I thought Shatner was more into jazz, bluesy music, music hall music.
And now we've got covers of Pink Floyd (why chosing one of their lesser commercial tracks, yet ?), Queen, U2 (featuring Manuel Gottshing !) even HAWKWIND, soem guest contribution by Edgar ?! :shock:
I'm not eager to hear his rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody, yet. Funny that Wetton is supposed to guest on vocals while there's no cover of any of the numrous bands that John Wetton has been involved in....
Space Trucking ? Is he going to scream like Gillan ? I don't think so. and for the better.

What is fun is that Ritchie Blackmore himself is supposed to play not on Space Trucking (Ian Paice is supposed to play there already !) but on the David Bowie song Space Oddity !!
Really, I must say I'm completely taken by surprise by this press release... and am quite puzzled...
He could have also done some Led Zep, Jethro Tull and on the top of that, some King Crimson to add to the shock ! That's quite incredible, indeed.

Well, Carlos Santana has done this year a cover CD with some Deep Purple too and a techno version of Back in Black by ACDC (awful) ...
As they say : anything is possible ! :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Heard some time back that William Shatner was putting an album together. I never imagined EF would be involved. I was under the impression it was going to be an all Metal affair. Quite a list of talent involved with this album. The only thing that worries me is Shatner's vocals.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Steve

Post by Steve »

Chris Monk wrote:Heard some time back that William Shatner was putting an album together. I never imagined EF would be involved. I was under the impression it was going to be an all Metal affair. Quite a list of talent involved with this album. The only thing that worries me is Shatner's vocals.
His last album called 'Has Been' was a collaboration with other musicians and Bill Shatner performed spoken word versions of songs such as (Blurs') - correction, Pulps' song 'Common People'. He also performed a few of his own poetic compositions. It is BRILLIANT, so I don't think that there will be any doubts about his vocal.

All you really need to ask yourself is "do you like spoken word?" If the answer is no, give 'Has Been' a listen first to see if you can be persuaded.

I was!!!
Last edited by Steve on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Steve wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Heard some time back that William Shatner was putting an album together. I never imagined EF would be involved. I was under the impression it was going to be an all Metal affair. Quite a list of talent involved with this album. The only thing that worries me is Shatner's vocals.
His last album called 'Has Been' was a collaboration with other musicians and Bill Shatner performed spoken word versions of songs such as Blurs' 'Common People'. He also performed a few of his own poetic compositions. It is BRILLIANT, so I don't think that there will be any doubts about his vocal.

All you really need to ask yourself is "do you like spoken word?" If the answer is no, give 'Has Been' a listen first to see if you can be persuaded.

I was!!!
Got to admit to being very intrigued. There are so many of my favourite musicians on the album I might just get it any way.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

From CD Services, Dundee:

We originally promoted this a few months back, and it quickly had an amazing response with orders.
Now, after a long delay, it will be with us at last next month (and on triple vinyl too!).
The title has changed slightly, and the track list has moved around a bit, but it looks as intriguing as ever.
I know this sounds crazy, but when you look at the track titles and the stunning list of guest players and vocalists good old "Captain Kirk" has on it, it's one you feel you just have to experience (or not as the case may be), so you just might want us to beam a copy of the CD up to you sometime in the near future...

WILLIAM SHATNER: SEEKING MAJOR TOM (2CD - Import featuring a Bizarre Guest List of Players - Stock # 1466004)
Normally 2CD £19.99 - Ltd New Release Offer 2CD £16.99

WILLIAM SHATNER: SEEKING MAJOR TOM (Triple Vinyl Version - Stock # 1466168)
Normally 3LP £47.99 - Ltd New Release Offer 3LP £39.99

Featuring TANGERINE DREAM's EDGAR FROESE and ASHRA TEMPEL's MANUEL GOTTSCHING to DEEP PURPLE'S RICHIE BLACKMORE and STEVE HILLAGE to PATRICK MORAZ and covering the amazing music of DAVID BOWIE to THE BYRDS and HAWKWIND to THOMAS DOLBY !!!! ....

With a career that spans over 5 decades, Canadian-born actor William Shatner has become an instantly recognizable star of stage and screen whose vocal delivery, primarily in his performance as the square-jawed Capt. James T. Kirk, is...AS...iconic...as it is...LEGENDARY. The versatile Shatner has also brought his unique interpretive talents to the music world as well, first in 1968 with the cult favourite: 'The Transformed Man' and later in 2004 with 'Has Been'. Now Shatner has returned to familiar territory - SPACE - in this wildly inventive concept album featuring brand new recordings of Shatner's much celebrated speak-sing delivery on a host of classic rock favourites and other space-themed songs.
With guest appearances by an all-star cast of rock legends, 'Seeking Major Tom' is sure to be one of the most talked about releases of 2011! William Shatner returns to the final frontier of music recording with this space-themed concept album that boldly goes where no man has gone before - available on both 2CD and 3LP formats!
Featuring distinctive interpretations of classic, intergalactic anthems by: David Bowie, QUEEN, DEEP PURPLE, Elton John, PINK FLOYD, BLACK SABBATH and more, 'Seeking Major Tom' includes guest appearances by: Manuel Gottsching, Zakk Wylde, Sheryl Crow, Ritchie Blackmore, Lyle Lovett, Steve Miller and Peter Frampton PLUS members of the STROKES, the KINKS, TANGERINE DREAM, ALICE IN CHAINS, DEEP PURPLE, YES, MC5 and more!
Only in the Land of Legends could an ageing actor pull together a line-up of mega-stars and produce an album of cover-versions that not only stand up on their own, but rock too! Brave success or heroic failure, only the listener can decide, but whichever you think it is, it's a must have for completists and nutters alike!

Track List - Disc 1:
01. Major Tom [originally by Peter Shilling - Nick Valensi from The STROKES added Guitar, plus Zakk Wylde from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY & Ozzy Osbourne band and Mike Inez from ALICE IN CHAINS have also contributed to this track]
02. Space Oddity [originally by David Bowie - Ritchie Blackmore guests on Guitar & Alan Parsons guests on Keyboards]
03. In A Little While [originally by U2 - features Lyle Lovett / Manuel Gottsching from ASH RA TEMPEL has added Guitar]
04. Space Cowboy [originally by Steve Miller - Country artist Brad Paisley guests on Guitar & Vocal]
05. Space Trucking [originally by DEEP PURPLE - Drummer Ian Paice performs alongside Johnny Winter on guest Guitar]
06. Rocket Man [originally by Elton John - Steve Hillage of Gong / System 7 guests on Guitar]
07. She Blinded Me With Science [originally by Thomas Dolby - Bootsy Collins guests on Bass and YES / MOODY BLUES keyboards guests on Synthesizers]
08. Walking On The Moon [originally by The POLICE - Toots from Toots & The Maytals added a Vocal to this track]
09. Spirit In The Sky [originally by Norman Greenbaum - Peter Frampton plays Guitar on this track]
10. Bohemian Rhapsody [originally by QUEEN - John Wetton from ASIA guests on Bass & Vocal]
11. Silver Machine [originally by HAWKWIND - Wayne Kramer from MC5 added Guitar & Carmine Appice from VANILLA FUDGE & Rod Stewart band added a guest Drum part]
12. Mrs. Major Tom [featuring Sheryl Crow]
Track List - Disc 2:
01. Empty Glass [originally by TEA PARTY - Michael Schenker guests on Guitar]
02. Lost In The Stars [originally by Frank Sinatra - Jazz legend Ernie Watts guests on Saxophone]
03. Learning To Fly [originally by PINK FLOYD - Edgar Froese from TANGERINE DREAM plays Guitar, Synthesizers & Keyboards on this track]
04. Mr. Spaceman [originally by the BYRDS - Dave Davies from The KINKS guests on Guitar]
05. Twilight Zone [originally by GOLDEN EARRING - Warren Haynes of GOV'T NULE / ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND guests on Guitar]
06. Struggle [original track by William Shatner / Adam Hamilton]
07. Iron Man [originally by BLACK SABBATH - Zakk Wylde from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY & Ozzy Osbourne band plays Guitar and contributed a Vocal for this track]
08. Planet Earth [originally by DURAN DURAN - Steve Howe from YES plays Guitar on this track]

Couple of samples and a video interview here:

http://trekmovie.com/2011/08/11/video-i ... dian-tour/