April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:From CD Services:

This Newly Remastered Edition includes a Previously Unreleased Bonus CD of Tangerine Dream's legendary Klangwaldt performance recorded in Cologne in November 1972,
Is this the missing Bootmoon release we were promised a few years back I wonder?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:From CD Services:

This Newly Remastered Edition includes a Previously Unreleased Bonus CD of Tangerine Dream's legendary Klangwaldt performance recorded in Cologne in November 1972,
Is this the missing Bootmoon release we were promised a few years back I wonder?
Yeah.............whatever happened to the Bootmoon series. After all the trouble with the early releases I was hoping for more.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Aaaw, I don't have a record player :oops:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Here's a list of tracks Esoteric licensed:
http://cherryred.co.uk/crzone/licensing ... php?ndx=14
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

burningbrain wrote:Here's a list of tracks Esoteric licensed:
Interesting. They have the Warsaw In The Sun 12", DolphinDance/Dolphin Smile licenses, as well as all of the Bootleg Box Sets and quite a few unreleased bootleg recordings. Wow. 8)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
Interesting. They have the Warsaw In The Sun 12", DolphinDance/Dolphin Smile licenses, as well as all of the Bootleg Box Sets and quite a few unreleased bootleg recordings. Wow. 8)
But again, looks like they'll be the T-Tree versions rather than original tapes...
goozer

Post by goozer »

Chris Monk wrote:
...and I am now interested in picking up the Poland reissue - IF the singles are included! :shock:

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

goozer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
...and I am now interested in picking up the Poland reissue - IF the singles are included! :shock:

goozer 8)
Ditto.

My interest in this release has suddenly taken off.
Thomas Mc Nulty

Poland reissue

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Like Zeit, but I think I'll get excited about the Poland reissue. One of my faves, especiallly the last 7-8 minutes of Horizon.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Will definitely buy these releases! :)
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

sparrow wrote:
PurpleTwilight wrote:After getting the 2-CD Relativity copy of Poland at a reasonable price several months ago, I'll politely pass on this deal. Bonus content would be a little interesting, but then, it'd have to be ultra special. Otherwise, I'm fine with my copy and its sound quality.

As for Zeit
Although not a loud as the single CD remaster the Relativity 2 cd version is far superior. More depth and not too in your face. Of course IMO it is better on vinyl.

I agree with you on all counts. Loudness is highly overrated for those of us with volume controls or on the computer side "Replay Gain" .

For some reason all Poland remasters sound like they are a foot underwater, due to what is probably noise reduction. I'll take a little hiss any day over a lifeless sound. May this one will be different but trending says otherwise.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Flashpoint wrote:
sparrow wrote:
PurpleTwilight wrote:After getting the 2-CD Relativity copy of Poland at a reasonable price several months ago, I'll politely pass on this deal. Bonus content would be a little interesting, but then, it'd have to be ultra special. Otherwise, I'm fine with my copy and its sound quality.

As for Zeit
Although not a loud as the single CD remaster the Relativity 2 cd version is far superior. More depth and not too in your face. Of course IMO it is better on vinyl.

I agree with you on all counts. Loudness is highly overrated for those of us with volume controls or on the computer side "Replay Gain" .

For some reason all Poland remasters sound like they are a foot underwater, due to what is probably noise reduction. I'll take a little hiss any day over a lifeless sound. May this one will be different but trending says otherwise.
My 2CD version sounds very cold and sterile. I'm hoping that the new master will bring back some of the warmth of the vinyl.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:
sparrow wrote: Although not a loud as the single CD remaster the Relativity 2 cd version is far superior. More depth and not too in your face. Of course IMO it is better on vinyl.

My 2CD version sounds very cold and sterile. I'm hoping that the new master will bring back some of the warmth of the vinyl.
Poland is a cold and sterlie sounding album anyway. At least the vinyl, 2 cd and remastered versions I own are.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Poland is a cold and sterlie sounding album anyway. At least the vinyl, 2 cd and remastered versions I own are.
Very true but I think there are degrees to this. Sadly I lack the musical/sound vocabulary to describe what I mean, to me the sound is just too clinical. Maybe some of the harmonics of the original are missing.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: My 2CD version sounds very cold and sterile. I'm hoping that the new master will bring back some of the warmth of the vinyl.
Very true but I think there are degrees to this. Sadly I lack the musical/sound vocabulary to describe what I mean, to me the sound is just too clinical. Maybe some of the harmonics of the original are missing.
First have to hear the new version. I have the 2cd, so if the new one doesn't add some value to the old, I don't buy it.