Schnauss wants to remix TD

owen
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Schnauss wants to remix TD

Post by owen »

I discovered some music by Ulrich Schnauss recently that I like. He's done ambient techno music over the last decade: melodic stuff. He's also been in demand as a remixer for many new bands.

Apparently, though, apart from shoegaze bands, he's a big fan of Tangerine Dream, and he says in this interview that, most of all, he'd love to remix Force Majeure.

http://www.themusicfix.co.uk/content/fe ... rview.html

If he did a TD remix album, I think I'd like to hear it! He leaves original tunes intact too: a 'respectful' remixer. He's also worked with Johannes Schmoelling in the past too.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Ulrich Schnauss is well known to TD fans. He's good friends with Jerome Froese and even appears on Jerome's Unpleasant Poems as Ethereal 77. It's also interesting to note that he helped remix Johannes Schmoelling's track Ice Walk for the White Out 2000 album.

I've got several of his albums and they are all very good. They aren't TD copies but he does show his influences. Top bloke IMO.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

His work on the Engineers latest is great. I have his 3 albums and the remixes album (forget the title) I like his style and would love to see him remix any TD albums or tracks.
owen

Post by owen »

What I like about Schnauss is that while he's contemporary and is into a shoegaze band sound, he's also tuneful. I don't know about the remix one but, to me, his albums work like classic synth albums that way...even a bit like 'concept albums' :lol: . The albums have a kind of unity to them, and are tuneful. I don't hear those qualities in other 'equally new' electronic artists, much to my disappointment. They just have a dance music sound, or a drum'n'bass/breakbeat sound, and that's about it. No interesting keyboard playing.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

owen wrote:What I like about Schnauss is that while he's contemporary and is into a shoegaze band sound, he's also tuneful. I don't know about the remix one but, to me, his albums work like classic synth albums that way...even a bit like 'concept albums' :lol: . The albums have a kind of unity to them, and are tuneful. I don't hear those qualities in other 'equally new' electronic artists, much to my disappointment. They just have a dance music sound, or a drum'n'bass/breakbeat sound, and that's about it. No interesting keyboard playing.
Agree... :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
owen wrote:What I like about Schnauss is that while he's contemporary and is into a shoegaze band sound, he's also tuneful. I don't know about the remix one but, to me, his albums work like classic synth albums that way...even a bit like 'concept albums' :lol: . The albums have a kind of unity to them, and are tuneful. I don't hear those qualities in other 'equally new' electronic artists, much to my disappointment. They just have a dance music sound, or a drum'n'bass/breakbeat sound, and that's about it. No interesting keyboard playing.
Agree... :D
That's pretty much how I feel. There's not much EM with a decent melody these days. Paul Lawler/Arcane seem to manage it but not many others.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
td fan

Post by td fan »

Ulrich Schnauss is currently world's best electronic musician. His sound is so unique and special...I started to like shoegaze because of him. Engineers are great group, but he deserves much better. TD, for example :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

Schnauss s very much capable. But the question is, are we waiting for such a project. We have the DM's which are good for me.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Schnauss s very much capable. But the question is, are we waiting for such a project. We have the DM's which are good for me.
Good question. I'd prefer it if Ulrich released some of his own music. Have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with his remixing of Johannes Scmoelling's work, I much preferred the original.