The Private Music of Tangerine Dream

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Private Music of Tangerine Dream

Post by multivit72 »

With so many compilations of this period being around, I had overlooked this one until very recently and thought it was just the usual material being available elsewhere already.
Now I have received the CD today form amazon marketplace and quite like the 2 exlusive tracks. "Beaver Town" is solid and atmospheric, but "Roaring of the Bliss" is a really nice dynamic track which I certainly will listen to more often.

I think those tracks should have been added to the "Melrose Years" re-releases, would have made a nice bonus
Last edited by multivit72 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Love this comp.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It was one of the first TD cd albums I bought..nice compilation but a better selction from the period would've made it better IMO..the two bonus tracks at the end are excellent though.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

I almost put my copy on eBay a while ago then i realised about the 2 unreleased tracks so I kept it !
rigel

Post by rigel »

I bought this compilation on tape when it came out, but never on CD. :( The tape is long gone, but I do remember liking the two bonus tracks, and thinking that "Roaring of the Bliss" was a surprising return to the traditional sequencer sound.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just listened to it again. The two extra tracks are pretty good and well worth getting this compilation for. Shame they weren't included in the Melrose Years CDs.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

i have such good memories of Roaring of the Bliss

question, was there a completely different version of Pearl River that was only like 3-4 minutes? i remember hearing the preview on Amazon and thinking "wait...what the hell is this?"

i'm used to the six minute version with the robust horns and electronic bell sounds
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
hansx

Post by hansx »

I do like this comp. The private part was not that long, but deserved a good comp. And with the two unreleased songs, itis a goody. Much better than alot of others without anything extra on it.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I remember getting this CD for my 18th birthday in december 1992 from some friends. We played Roaring Of The Bliss and went completely through the roof, it was a brilliant track. Typical Jerome power. It had some modern house-music elements more than the "traditional sequencer elements" that rigel points out, IMO. Beaver Town was also a very nice track.

I also have "The Private Music Of Patrick O'Hearn" with 3 previously unreleased tracks on it, released at the same time. I also think there is a "Private Music Of Suzanne Ciani" CD out there.