Analogue Synth favourites (aside from early TD)?

owen
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Analogue Synth favourites (aside from early TD)?

Post by owen »

I'm curious if many here know of creative analogue synth music other than TD? I don't know much, but I've often thought I'd be curious to know more.

Ones I do know include Jarre's early albums, Jan Hammer's 'First Seven Days' and Tomita's work. From what I've heard of Kraftwerk I don't find them that interesting. Anyone know of other stuff worth mentioning? e.g. what are Klaus Schulze's best works?

(more questions...I'm being greedy for info)
David Gale

Post by David Gale »

An interesting album from the late 70s/early 80s is Suzanne Ciani's Seven Waves. It's a bit more new agey than TD but the primary reason for its interest for me is that its the only album I've come across that predominantly uses the Buchla Analog Synthesiser rather than the traditional Moog and EMS equipment. There's a lot of brilliant information about how the Buchla Box and the Moog Modular grew up together and why the Moog won the popularity contest in Analog Days by Trevor Pinch and Frank Trocco.
For Klaus Schulze IMHO the best two albums are Mirage and Timewind in that order.
PS We're probably off topic in this thread so I'll shut up now.

Post by Patchlead »

Tomita is excellent.

Start with Snowflakes are Dancing.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Michael Hoenig 'Departure From the Northern Wasteland' - an absolute classic of the genre.

Ashra's 'New Age of Earth' will also probably delight you, though I prefer the underated 'Belle Alliance' - especially the second side.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

No-one suggesting Redshift :?:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:No-one suggesting Redshift :?:
Yeh I'd suggest them. Some of the best Berlin School out there IMO.

Not sure how analogue Arcane are but they certainly float my boat in the EM stakes.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda