Why 'Logos'?

rigel
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rigel »

I'm no expert on the technical side, I mean I know it's got a lot of digitally generated sounds, but bland and lifeless? Huh? That music lives! :D
owen

Post by owen »

Picked up Logos today. It's great 8) Ricochet meets Poland! TD live albums seem to be some of their most dynamic...
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

owen wrote:Picked up Logos today. It's great 8) Ricochet meets Poland! TD live albums seem to be some of their most dynamic...
Glad you enjoy it.
goozer

Re: Why 'Logos'?

Post by goozer »

owen wrote:I've seen net reviews of Logos saying 'TD's best' and the like.

I presume it's very different to TD up to Tangram, and more like 'Exit'. I've heard bits of Logos on the net and it didn't grab me.

But if it's 'TD's best'...?

How does it compare to Poland? (I don't dislike Poland but I don't particularly like it either).

Is Logos more akin to a conventional 80s electronic-rock album (a bit like what Poland sounds to me) or does it have an experimental edge, like earlier TD?
'Logos' is the Ne Plus Ultra of not only TD's second golden age (the Froese, Franke, Schmoelling lineup,) but also the Berlin School genre as a whole. Everything that the fan finds appealing in their many releases between '80 to '84 ('Quichotte to 'Poland') is not only present here, but refined to perfection. From dark, shifting passages filled with pulsating menace to shimmering, ethereal atmospheres to punchy pop-infused melodies - there is something for every fan here. In my view, it is impossible to claim to be a fan of electronic music in general, and of TD specifically, without owning this album.

Why Virgin has not released this as a 2-disc complete set with lavish photos and liner notes is a total mystery - almost a crime, really.

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Well said Goozer........ 8)
Chris Monk

Re: Why 'Logos'?

Post by Chris Monk »

goozer wrote:Why Virgin has not released this as a 2-disc complete set with lavish photos and liner notes is a total mystery - almost a crime, really.
How much would I love to see that? I'd quite happily part with a large sum of money for a 2CD version.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda