THE ENDLESS SEASON

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Well, none of the ones I have are in digipack, but then I have the Eastgate versions. Presumably you have the Membran ones ?
indeed I do. Well, its rather unlikely that there will be a membran release of that one, I guess, so jewelcase it will be...

kind of spoils the set a little i suppose. So, have membran stopped releasibf TD stuff now do you think ?
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Well, none of the ones I have are in digipack, but then I have the Eastgate versions. Presumably you have the Membran ones ?
indeed I do. Well, its rather unlikely that there will be a membran release of that one, I guess, so jewelcase it will be...

kind of spoils the set a little i suppose. So, have membran stopped releasibf TD stuff now do you think ?
I have no information on this whatsoever, but to me it seems like it was a licencing deal covering the records that had been released at the time. There were no membran versions of booster vol 2 and 3, for example. And the cheap box sets released after that give the impression of a final effort to get some money out of these releases.
too bad, since I quite liked the look of the membran releases. I own plenty of them and its nice to see a lot of "tangerine"-colored digipacks in my shelf.
strangely, winter in hiroshima had a different design already..
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote: indeed I do. Well, its rather unlikely that there will be a membran release of that one, I guess, so jewelcase it will be...

I have no information on this whatsoever, but to me it seems like it was a licencing deal covering the records that had been released at the time. There were no membran versions of booster vol 2 and 3, for example. And the cheap box sets released after that give the impression of a final effort to get some money out of these releases.
too bad, since I quite liked the look of the membran releases. I own plenty of them and its nice to see a lot of "tangerine"-colored digipacks in my shelf.
strangely, winter in hiroshima had a different design already..
There are rumours of a new deluxe 10 CD set from Membran in the near future. Make of that what you will.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote: There are rumours of a new deluxe 10 CD set from Membran in the near future. Make of that what you will.
Now this sounds interesting indeed !

I like the Membran stuff.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

That Might be your Answer.

:!: :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

@ Multivit...

Email just received from the guys at CDS in Dundee:

TANGERINE DREAM: ENDLESS SEASON: 5 ATOMIC SEASONS-PART 5
(Conclusion To The Series Of Five Album Releases / Membran Digi-Pak Edition - Stock # 1400506) CD £12.99
This is the newly released Digi-Pak edition of the final part of the 'Five Atomic Seasons' series of releases, and according to the Eastgate team, this dynamic and complex work is the finest of the series!
Even after the worst scenario that happened to the two Japanese cities Nagasaki and Hiroshima, there is a life after so much suffering from grief and pain. The 5th sequel of The Five Atomic Seasons - 'The Endless Season' - shows the couple moving back to their monastery in order to receive special instructions on how to cope with life in these new times. The music reflects the mixture of feelings during this conversation and also the slightly positive change of consciousness towards a "life-after-death" situation.
Track List:
01. Flashback (1:15)
02. Devotion (9:18 )
03. Virtue Of Hope (4:37)
04. Escape (6:36)
05. Seven Barriers (8:28 )
06. Logic Of Intuition (6:39)
07. Shunyata (6:31)
08. Restless Mind (5:22)
09. Wild Ocean Of Blue Fate (7:44)
10. Breaching Sky (4:08 )
11. Morphing (4:03)

:)
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

hey, thanks for the info! too bad I had ordered it already last week at jpc...
But I havent received the cd yet, who knows - maybe I will get the digipack tomorrow?
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

multivit72 wrote:hey, thanks for the info! too bad I had ordered it already last week at jpc...
But I havent received the cd yet, who knows - maybe I will get the digipack tomorrow?
...and indeed I did: received the CD today with a nice digipack. Probably thats the version they sent out to all the on- and offline stores..
har

Post by har »

I have had Endless Season for 41.75 days now ( approximately :wink: ) and I really do believe that this is the best of the lot.

Now, Spring was my favourite, and I like all the rest very much, but Endless Season really is special. I am defo getting a bit of a retro TD vibe listening tonight, blended with the newer TD sound.

I am really loving this album 8) 8) 8)

End of (enthusiastic) message.
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:I have had Endless Season for 41.75 days now ( approximately :wink: ) and I really do believe that this is the best of the lot.

Now, Spring was my favourite, and I like all the rest very much, but Endless Season really is special. I am defo getting a bit of a retro TD vibe listening tonight, blended with the newer TD sound.

I am really loving this album 8) 8) 8)

End of (enthusiastic) message.
Agree with you, this one is the best of five. But it will not enter the TD top 10 for me. It is nice, have to play it a lot more. Think it has to grow a bit.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'm going to hold off deciding what I think is the best of the series. Can't make up my mind yet. I feel I might need a few years distance to make a final assessment and may be not even then.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I think Summer... is best, with The Endless Season as a good number two. :-)
Erik

Post by Erik »

first time hearing it today. WOW, this is better than my already good expectations. "The Seven Barriers" is one of their best tracks in awhile. the guitar playing leaves your ears smoking. very well done, TD. fantastic ending to a series.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

The Seven Barriers one of TD's best tracks and I would just like to add that Escape is a very cool track to listen to before it. I do love the first half of The Endless Season very much indeed and I'll be playing it on a regular basis 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I wonder if TD will play any of this album at The Lowry?