Canyon Cazuma

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Canyon Cazuma

Post by Jon »

This is disc 8 on the Electronic Journey 10CD-box.

The CD consists of 10 tracks from Canyon Dreams and Oasis, and I would call it a rather unneccesary release. First of all, tracks 1 and 2 are mixed up, so A Matter Of Time is track 1 and Cedar Breaks is track 2.

Best tracks are A Matter Of Time, Shadow Flyer, Water's Gift and Zion. The only track I didn't have was the Canyon Dreams bonus track Rocky Mountain Hawk, a rather forgettable tune.

My 3 favorite tracks on Oasis have always been Waterborne (which I just now found out was written in 1992), Flashflood and Summer Storm, none of them on this disc because Jerome Froese wrote them. Remarkable how much fresher Jerome's compositions sounded compared to Edgar's.

So all in all, Canyon Cazuma will not get too many spins in my player. Opinions on Canyon Cazuma?
Erik

Post by Erik »

a very unnecessary release. should both just be as a whole and nothing else. i like the bonus tracks of both, and i'm glad you are giving attention to Zion. Reflections deserves honourable mention, whether it be on the album or not
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Cedar Breaks is wonderful music, it is very nice to listen to it with the film on the TD-Oasis video 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

The Oasis/Canyon Dreams albums are probably my favourite stuff from the 90s from TD. The DVD`s are a nice bonus so I dont really have a problem with this album.

I guess these membran albums are aimed at new listeners anyway rather then the people who already own them on different editons
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I really like the Oasis and Canyon Dreams DVDs, the music fits perfectly with the images, Jerome's tracks just as much as Edgar's. In fact watching the DVDs gave more of an appreciation of Edgar's more reflective tracks.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

For me this one is one of the best cd's in the set, like it very much.