New TD album - UNDER COVER - chapter 1

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

After some listenings in the first weeks, it never was on my ipod or player again. So, guess it is not what I hoped it should be. But who knows, later on it will be there again. Must admit, did have a non-td period for about 1,5 month. Today for the first time agian some tunes in my ears.
td fan

Post by td fan »

Six By Nine wrote:Got to disagree with most people here on this release I'm afraid.

In my opinion a really dull and inspid selection of songs performed in the blandest possible fashion.

....it's so bland and boring it's impossible to get that worked up about.

I respect EF's wish to have some fun and do something different, but why put it out under the TD moniker and tarnish the name. would have been better in my opinion to do it under a pseudonym like the REM members did with the Hindu Love Gods.
I agree...Bland , boring, in fact: very bland and very boring, even Model, for which I hoped to be more Kraftwerk-like. Don't get me wrong. I'm biggest TD fan forever, I listen TD from my age of 12 and now I have 41. I enjoy listen EVERY other TD albums anytime. This is first TD album I can't stand. I think EF made big mistake, for non letting his son and Ulrich Schnauss to lead the band in modern electronic direction.
ant

Post by ant »

:( Can't believe that some are taking this album so seriously but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It was just done as a bit of fun and a break from the more serious side of TD music and I think it is great. Edgar and co have done a fine job, IMHO, and I personally look forward to more covers in the future. I just hope the 'negative' reviews don't put them off doing Chapter 2 because I am really looking forward to it. Keep 'em coming TD and Edgar, you did not make a mistake doing this - it was inspired, fun and really enjoyable. :D
Biggus Dickus
td fan

Post by td fan »

ant wrote::( Can't believe that some are taking this album so seriously but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It was just done as a bit of fun and a break from the more serious side of TD music and I think it is great. Edgar and co have done a fine job, IMHO, and I personally look forward to more covers in the future. I just hope the 'negative' reviews don't put them off doing Chapter 2 because I am really looking forward to it. Keep 'em coming TD and Edgar, you did not make a mistake doing this - it was inspired, fun and really enjoyable. :D
OK I didn't know that you take this album as a joke. I agree with poster above - they should use pseudonym. This is just my personal opinion about album, no offense.

What happened with "TD-classical influence album". (Mozart, Haydn, Bach etc....) Postponed?

THAT would be great album!
har

Post by har »

td fan wrote:

What happened with "TD-classical influence album". (Mozart, Haydn, Bach etc....) Postponed?

THAT would be great album!
Tell you something.....................I would LOVE to hear that.

Would be stunning I'm sure :!:
ant

Post by ant »

:) I did not say I thought it was a joke. I said it was fun and that is totally different. As for TD doing covers of 'classical' pieces - bring it on. In the early days I always thought that TD's music was the modern electronic version of classical music due to the structure and length of their pieces, so I think they would do a fine job of that. :)
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Post by hansx »

ant wrote::) I did not say I thought it was a joke. I said it was fun and that is totally different. As for TD doing covers of 'classical' pieces - bring it on. In the early days I always thought that TD's music was the modern electronic version of classical music due to the structure and length of their pieces, so I think they would do a fine job of that. :)
Classical, hmm don't we are waiting for that. What I am still waiting for after all these years, is an album with piano variations on their songs. I still love for instance the Pergamon part. For me, one of the highlights.
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

I'm not sure about TD doing their versions of classical music, never really works in my view, what I'd very interested in hearing though would be some of TDs music interpreted in a classical fashion.

I recently went to see Brian Eno's Apollo played by the Icebreaker ensemble and it was stunning! I've also seen Bang On a Can playing Music For Airports in an equally impressive performance.

If these can be scored for accoustic instruments I see no reason why Zeit for instance couldn't be done.

In the right environment and possibly with some visuals I reckon that would be magical.
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

I just heard the TD cover of "Cry Little Sister". I am very pleasantly surprised. I love it!

If they do a part two, I'd love to hear what they do with Peter Murphy's classic "Cuts You Up".
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Get ready for a cold summer released of Tangerine Dream album from following.

Booster Vol.4 (Street Date May31,)
The Island of Fey (Street Date June, 21)
Under Cover (Street Date July, 5)

I’ll Be Looking forward the Very Latest album Under Cover in July. 8) :wink:

:!: :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

WOW !

fantastic news. 3 new CDs coming out in May June July :?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:WOW !

fantastic news. 3 new CDs coming out in May June July :?

:lol: :D :roll: :idea: :arrow: :oops:
Laserdisc Dream

Under Cover is set for July.

They don’t have a released date for it. :roll:

Laserdisc Dream

Finally Under cover well be released on July, 26 2011.

I'll Be Looking Forward all these TANGERINE DREAM Album's in July. :wink:

Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Finally Under cover well be released on July, 26 2011.

I'll Be Looking Forward all these TANGERINE DREAM Album's in July. :wink:

Sorry you missed it, but the album is released a long time ago.