New TD album - UNDER COVER - chapter 1

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Insvims »

Okefenokee wrote:Hi,
I listened to the album, yesterday, and I'm not so enthusiastic about it. The first track, Cry Little Sister, is amazing. Nice TD sequences and a great chorus. I didn't know the song before. The cover of Kraftwerk's Model is very interesting, too. But I can't cotton up to the rest of the songs. They bear a striking similarity to the original versions and are not very TD-like. And, of course, the vocals fall far short of the originals (Bowie, Henley, Gilmour, Cohen, etc.).
This is also what I feared, and I hope this will be the only album in this category (despite the title saying "Chapter 1")
I have much more belief in The Endless Season. Hope for a package in my post box today.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am pleased with the album. I like most of the tracks,. As I thought the orignal tracks I dont like such as The Model.Space oddity and Heroes have not improved this time around but all in all a very good release there are at least 3 or 4 tracks I can see myself playing on a regular basis.

fave tracks Cry Little Sister,Fowever Young, Suzanne and that could be because I have not heard these tracks before. the ones I know and love such as Wish You Were Here,Precious, Wicked Game whilst being a good listen I cant imagine I will play them much when I have the much better originals.

the Worst track INMHO is Hotel California which I feel has been slightly murdered.....just my opinion though ;-)
Erik

Post by Erik »

i hate Wish You Were Here so much, i'm probably gonna have trouble liking the TD version. Hotel California i also hate to death, but the TD version is so re-worked i'm ok with it
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
homeless

Post by homeless »

First listen:

The Model

.. now that one made me pause for thought ...

homeless
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

I got this CD one week ago and heard it several times since then.

It´s the first of all the Tangerine Dream albums I don´t like. I hate it!!!

I was always a Pink Floyd fan and "Wish you were here" was an all time favourite of mine. I also like the original versions of "Hotel California" and "Everybody hurts". But the TD versions are really horrible!!!

I like all the TD albums with vocals but this is the worst of everything TD did in the last 43 years IMO :x

But the "Endless season" is a masterpiece :D

I hope there will never be an Undercover Volume 2!!!
Nero

Post by Nero »

I listened to UNDER COVER now five times and I really really like it! The whole album has a very good flow and atmosphere. The most beautiful tracks are in my opinion THE MODEL, SPACE ODDITY, PRECIOUS, HEROES, WICKED GAME, EVERYBODY HURTS, CRY LITTLE SISTER, IRIS & NORWEGIAN WOOD - a lot I think. Chris Hausl's voice seems to be perfect for these songs and creates a warm sound.
I think whatever we expect from covers this is very subjective and everybody has other perceptions and demands. I very much respect TD's courage and joy to create something new. These cover tracks have enough of individuality to have the right to exist in addition to the originals. My wife is very enthusiastic about this album -as she was about MADCAP'S FLAMING DUTY, too - and she's finally happy that she can share my passion for Tangerine Dream. Bingo TD!! :wink:

As for THE ENDLESS SEASON: It's undoubtedly a true masterpiece!! A great thanks and my bow to Edgar Froese....
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Got this today and am listening to it now for the first time. I'm up as far as track 9 and so far I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would! I think if you like Madcaps Flaming Duty (and I do) then you'll like this!
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I listened to it once and I find it very interesting ! :)
Only two or three tracks are poor in my opinion... that's really a good surprise. Some covers are surprising and strange, but often in a good way.
I guess I would buy a "Chapter Two"... :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
ant

Post by ant »

:) Have only caught little bits of some of the tracks so far and will either listen properly tonight or tomorrow. What I heard I liked but found The Model the strangest as it does not seem to sound like the original at all. If you played this to someone and asked what they thought the cover was of they wouldn't probably have a clue. It is so different that it is really a new TD track just called The Model. Not so much a cover - more a total reworking!! Still, I am sure I will find the whole cd a very enjoyable 76 mins. Remember folks, it is only a bit of fun and not meant to be taken as a serious TD release. Enjoy it and enter into the spirit in which it was conceived. Look forward to chapter 2. :)
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Post by hansx »

This cd is a cd which you like or not at all. No inbetween possible, I guess.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Cry Little Sister is very much the standout track INMHO. Can Almost say I like it better than the version from The Lost Boys movie
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

cantosis wrote:Cry Little Sister is very much the standout track INMHO. Can Almost say I like it better than the version from The Lost Boys movie
Absolutely agree. Cry Little Sister is fantastic! I think the three best tracks are Cry Little Sister, The Model and Norwegian Wood.
Worst track has to be Hotel California. Cant stand the chorus.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Insvims wrote:
cantosis wrote:Cry Little Sister is very much the standout track INMHO. Can Almost say I like it better than the version from The Lost Boys movie
Absolutely agree. Cry Little Sister is fantastic! I think the three best tracks are Cry Little Sister, The Model and Norwegian Wood.
Worst track has to be Hotel California. Cant stand the chorus.

I agree about Hotel California. Not really a fan of the original anyway but this one is just awful.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

The Model is growing on me quite a bit, very good in fact.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

First listen..........very good and a brave album for TD to put out. I even like Hotel California. I suppose this is a kind of sister album to MFD..I was a bit sceptical at first but after one spin it gets 8/10.