Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:56 pm 

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'd forgotten how good it is (love the non TD Brian ferry track, but Jon Anderson? - NON!)....

I think Jon Anderson's voice works well with TD's music. It's a shame though that the collaboration is illusory--the music and vocal tracks were recorded in different ends of the Earth and JA and TD never even met! Although I'm ordinarily in the "No Vocals On TD" camp, a Jon Anderson & Tangerine Dream album would be quite interesting.

I totally agree with you,i for one would very much like to experience it.....Anderson is a fantastic artist IMHO 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:42 pm 

epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'd forgotten how good it is (love the non TD Brian ferry track, but Jon Anderson? - NON!)....

I think Jon Anderson's voice works well with TD's music. It's a shame though that the collaboration is illusory--the music and vocal tracks were recorded in different ends of the Earth and JA and TD never even met! Although I'm ordinarily in the "No Vocals On TD" camp, a Jon Anderson & Tangerine Dream album would be quite interesting.

I totally agree with you,i for one would very much like to experience it.....Anderson is a fantastic artist IMHO 8)

I was very disappointed to find out that TD and Jon Anderson never actually worked together, that Jon's vocals were added after the event. It would have been great to hear a true collaboration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:57 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:

I was very disappointed to find out that TD and Jon Anderson never actually worked together, that Jon's vocals were added after the event. It would have been great to hear a true collaboration.

it's interesting to read Edgar's recent comments about vocals saying that Chris Hausl is one of the only singers who's voice goes with electronic instruments...the only other example Edgar could think of was Jon Anderson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:38 pm 

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:

it's interesting to read Edgar's recent comments about vocals saying that Chris Hausl is one of the only singers who's voice goes with electronic instruments...the only other example Edgar could think of was Jon Anderson

I think he should listen to some Liz Fraser too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:39 pm 

oh!

imagine a TD/Cocteau Twins union

:idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:43 pm 

bigmoog wrote:
oh!

imagine a TD/Cocteau Twins union

:idea:

That Girl has got a great voice :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:45 pm 

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:

from the Carry on films? Matron!!! take the TD away :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:46 pm 

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:

from the Carry on films? Matron!!! take the TD away :D

you are just being silly now andy

DAFT MOOG :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:45 pm 

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:

I don't know of her stuff with Massive Attack, but her track with Craig Armstrong is amazing! btw: He's due for a new one....

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] 

Jump to: