Wich album of the last decade is your favorite?

what is yor favorite album of the last decade?

The Seven Letters from Tibet
3%
Mota Atma
2%
Jeanne d'Arc
30%
Madcap's Flaming Duty
14%
Springtime in Nagasaki
2%
Summer in Nagasaki
21%
Views from a red Train
14%
Automn in Hiroshima
2%
Chandra
5%
Winter in Hiroshima
9%

Total votes: 66

TheMan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by TheMan »

Glad to see Jean d'Arc take the lead. That was my vote.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Jean d'Arc is favourit. Like that one very much. Views is also a goody. And the rest have their moments, but are not always 100% good. And JDA I can say, it hasn't a weak moment at all.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

It's Jean D'Arc for me too. I loved it from the start, and then it grew on me.

Summer would be a close second and it's too early to call for the most recent ones, but I can't see them surpassing Jean any time soon.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Voted for Madcap, but I have only got 3 of those albums...
har

Post by har »

A lot of great albums there , how lucky are we ? :D

Has to be J D'Arc for me.

Simply wonderful :!:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

har wrote:A lot of great albums there , how lucky are we ? :D

Has to be J D'Arc for me.

Simply wonderful :!:
Had that one on last night. Beautiful music.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Madcaps for me followed by Jean d'arc. Thorsten really adds something to the music when he gets chance to compose.
Phrozenlight

Post by Phrozenlight »

difficult to choose

so I take the one I listened during the last weekend

Winter in Hiroshima,

lovely piece
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Listening to 'Under Cover - Chapter 1' and 'The Endless Season', I'm in Heaven 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Erik

Post by Erik »

out of those i'd choose Views From a Red Train, mostly because of Leviathan
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Yes a difficult selection for me. I know Edgar & company has put out alot more albums than the ones mentioned. And yes they are all compilations or ep's. To start off, I do not like any of TD's albums with vocals(singing). Did not care much of Cyclone the first time I heard it. But over the years I've grown to it. Aged with it! I took a break from TD during the Dante years. Tibet could of been one of those vocal albums. Did not care for it. But I occasionally will play a selection or two on my iPod. I ended up buying the Dante albums through the eastgate shop when they had the 5 disc for 50 euros. Just to add to my collection. And yes I have tried to play the entire albums every year. Fail. I will pull them out and spin them once a year to see if I can adjust to the style. Maybe one day it will be like listening to Cyclone.
So I guess that leaves me with the Seasons series. I enjoyed Winter alot more than the Spring, Summer or Autumn. Too bad you cant include The Endless Season on the list. That would of been my choice. :arrow: :|
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

tdream4ever wrote:Yes a difficult selection for me. I know Edgar & company has put out alot more albums than the ones mentioned. And yes they are all compilations or ep's. To start off, I do not like any of TD's albums with vocals(singing). Did not care much of Cyclone the first time I heard it. But over the years I've grown to it. Aged with it! I took a break from TD during the Dante years. Tibet could of been one of those vocal albums. Did not care for it. But I occasionally will play a selection or two on my iPod. I ended up buying the Dante albums through the eastgate shop when they had the 5 disc for 50 euros. Just to add to my collection. And yes I have tried to play the entire albums every year. Fail. I will pull them out and spin them once a year to see if I can adjust to the style. Maybe one day it will be like listening to Cyclone.
So I guess that leaves me with the Seasons series. I enjoyed Winter alot more than the Spring, Summer or Autumn. Too bad you cant include The Endless Season on the list. That would of been my choice. :arrow: :|
Damn it. I forgot about Leviathan & One Night in Space from Red Train. My number two choice I suppose.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Erik

Post by Erik »

the dante series is dazzling. the music is so 100% TD. some of the upbeat vocal tracks kinda seem like pop songs actually. i think Purgatorio is simply one of their best efforts to date! Edgar said the trilogy was his biggest project ever, didn't he? i'd believe it
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

My favorite could be Summer in Nagasaki... simply incredible ! 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

My vote (having arrived at this thread very late) would have to go to "The Island Of The Fay". That album is made entirely out of awesome.
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!