TD's BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM!!

zegaking
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD's BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM!!

Post by zegaking »

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone knew what td's biggest selling record is???.
I'm thinking its probably PHAEDRA or LE PARC.
does anyone know??.

Regards

Liam :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The highest charting album in the UK was Rubycon :arrow: :D :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:The highest charting album in the UK was Rubycon :arrow: :D :P
But I think sales figures for Phaedra were higher! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Two very fine albums,but IMHO the better charted higher :P
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Two very fine albums,but IMHO the better charted higher :P
I wouldn't expect to hear you say anything else Colin. Two giant albums!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Both Rubycon and Phaedra went Gold in several countries, UK, France and Australia.
Die hard 'everything after 1987 is rubbish' fans find it hard to swallow that Turn of the Tides was a very large seller as well (Get over it IMHO ;)). Dream Mixes 1 sold at least 100,000 copies, Optical Race over 150,000 copies in the States alone.

Le Parc was never a massive seller, it sold well but not as good as Jive Electro hoped for (there was next to no advertising of it for a start).
All these figures come from interviews and articles...everything else is my opinion.

I've mentioned this before, but I have a German/Swiss article with TD from 1984, it states that TD had sold about 25,000,000 albums up to that point, but this obviosuly nonsense and the real figure is probably about 10,000,000.

Even Edgar said that sales had been very good of the years (as they should be, it's bloody excellent music!)
Last edited by 24db on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Both Rubycon and Phaedra went Gold in several countries, UK, France and Australia.
Die hard 'everything after 1987 is rubbish' fans find it hard to swallow that Turn of the Tides was a very large seller as well (Get over it IMHO ;)). Dream Mixes 1 sold at least 100,000 copies, Optical Race over 150,000 copies in the States alone.

Le Parc was never a massive seller, it sold well but not as good as Jive Electro hoped for (there was next to no advertising of it for a start).
All these figures come from interviews and articles...everything else is my opinion.

I've mentioned this before, but I have a German/Swiss article with TD from 1984, it states that TD had sold about 25,000,000 albums up to that point.

Even Edgar said that sales had been very good of the years (as they should be, it's bloody excellent music!)

I must add that im led to believe that TOTT sold most of the copies in the USA.......and of course it was originally on the Mirimar label as was Rockoon,220volt,TOB and Canyon Dreams.... mind you TOTT is a great album IMHO and the rest all have their good points :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: But I think sales figures for Phaedra were higher! :wink:

I've mentioned this before, but I have a German/Swiss article with TD from 1984, it states that TD had sold about 25,000,000 albums up to that point.

I must add that im led to believe that TOTT sold most of the copies in the USA.......and of course it was originally on the Mirimar label as was Rockoon,220volt,TOB and Canyon Dreams.... mind you TOTT is a great album IMHO and the rest all have their good points :wink:
Ah...What are TD's biggest selling Albums in Wales? ;)

More gold records (from my archives 22.11.76)

Barclays records present TD with a Gold disc for the sales of Ricochet in France
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Biggest selling albums in Wales :lol: :lol: not a lot of people i knew who did NOT have Phaedra,Rubycon,Stratosfear,Force Majeure in their collections...........all the old rockers i grew up with usually had one or two 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Biggest selling albums in Wales :lol: :lol: not a lot of people i knew who did NOT have Phaedra,Rubycon,Stratosfear,Force Majeure in their collections...........all the old rockers i grew up with usually had one or two 8)
it must be Rubycon :)
Yeah talking about TD audiences, when I started going to gigs the audience was mainlybe- denimed rock fans, young kids or old gits....what happened to the first two groups? ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Biggest selling albums in Wales :lol: :lol: not a lot of people i knew who did NOT have Phaedra,Rubycon,Stratosfear,Force Majeure in their collections...........all the old rockers i grew up with usually had one or two 8)
Yeah talking about TD audiences, when I started going to gigs the audience was mainlybe- denimed rock fans, young kids or old gits....what happened to the first two groups? ;)
I dont feel old in the head,but i am starting to resemble the latter with swift speed :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
I dont feel old in the head,but i am starting to resemble the latter with swift speed :roll:
:) about 1990 I started to think (standing in the queue outside of the Hammersmith Odeon) that the fans looked more like a PTA meeting, sorry lads :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
They became the last group!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
er I was leaving that bit unsaid ;) sadly it's true. Where's the next PTA meeting? anybody? ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: it must be Rubycon :)
er I was leaving that bit unsaid ;) sadly it's true. Where's the next PTA meeting? anybody? ;)
I forget! :wink: