Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 2024
Location: staying home getting stiff
Froesesque wrote:
What do you guys think the worst selling TD album is?


MFD at the moment :wink: - but give it a while and it'll rocket methinks

_________________
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
The 3 bestselling TD albums at Amazon.co.uk are:

1. Phaedra
2. Rubycon
3: Force Majeure

and no 9. is pre-orders for "Madcap"


Yes, but what is the overall best sold album????


Phaedra or Rubycon


Is that official or a wild guess. why should it not be one of the Dream Mixes. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
The 3 bestselling TD albums at Amazon.co.uk are:

1. Phaedra
2. Rubycon
3: Force Majeure

and no 9. is pre-orders for "Madcap"


Yes, but what is the overall best sold album????


Phaedra or Rubycon


Is that official or a wild guess. why should it not be one of the Dream Mixes. :)



:lol: :lol: :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
The 3 bestselling TD albums at Amazon.co.uk are:

1. Phaedra
2. Rubycon
3: Force Majeure

and no 9. is pre-orders for "Madcap"


Yes, but what is the overall best sold album????


Phaedra or Rubycon


Is that official or a wild guess. why should it not be one of the Dream Mixes. :)


these albums won TD beween 3 and 5 gold records....there's no way that they got that number for DM. DM1 according to Jerome sold 100,000 copies

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Im a BIG fan of these Dream mixes...............i got the four volumes on my ipod and they are a great listen :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
epsilon75 wrote:
Im a BIG fan of these Dream mixes...............i got the four volumes on my ipod and they are a great listen :arrow:

Great driving music. Got them in the car. Even the kids like them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
The 3 bestselling TD albums at Amazon.co.uk are:

1. Phaedra
2. Rubycon
3: Force Majeure

and no 9. is pre-orders for "Madcap"


Yes, but what is the overall best sold album????


Phaedra or Rubycon


Is that official or a wild guess. why should it not be one of the Dream Mixes. :)


Don't forget that the way you win a Gold record has changed, these days you need to sell far less, than say in 1975. I can't tell you how many you would have had to sell in 74 or 75, especially as each country had (and has) it's own completely different system of calculating it.

For the UK (circa 2006) it stands at:

Silver=60,000
Gold=100,000
Platinum=300,000

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Platinum for best of the Dream Mixes 2007 then :shock: :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
Platinum for best of the Dream Mixes 2007 then :shock: :wink:


that was worldwide I think...good score but no cherry though...kerching...please insert money and play again

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Phaedra! (all in the spirit of balance and fair play of course). I don't actually know the answer.


Madcap's Flaming Duty! I think this will sell well, although not with the analogue die hards. I'm not joking either


MFD will never sell as well as the old TD albums as they no longer can be found in any music store. True, that's not how most people buy music these days but a lot of people still go to the store. Plus, a large number of TD releases cannot be found online, such as Amazon. TD's distribution (here in the US) is terrible. You cant shaft so many buying customers and expect large sales. Very, very few people are willing to pay the huge shipping costs to get music from Europe. Very few.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
I didn't say it would sell 'as well as the old albums'...just well. TD's discs don't sell on Amazon in the US?, well it's obvious then that fans aren't asking them to stock them, Amazon would sell their granny if people asked ;)
Most things are available on Amazon.co.uk over here and if the postage is too expensive then that's partly down to the weakness of the Dollar I'm afraid. On all other points I agree with you

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
24db wrote:
I didn't say it would sell 'as well as the old albums'...just well. TD's discs don't sell on Amazon in the US?, well it's obvious then that fans aren't asking them to stock them, Amazon would sell their granny if people asked ;)
Most things are available on Amazon.co.uk over here and if the postage is too expensive then that's partly down to the weakness of the Dollar I'm afraid. On all other points I agree with you


There's lots of TD stuff on Amazon. Just not many recent titles. Some make it, like Paradiso, others dont, like Jeane d'Arc. It is a pain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
I didn't say it would sell 'as well as the old albums'...just well. TD's discs don't sell on Amazon in the US?, well it's obvious then that fans aren't asking them to stock them, Amazon would sell their granny if people asked ;)
Most things are available on Amazon.co.uk over here and if the postage is too expensive then that's partly down to the weakness of the Dollar I'm afraid. On all other points I agree with you


There's lots of TD stuff on Amazon. Just not many recent titles. Some make it, like Paradiso, others dont, like Jeane d'Arc. It is a pain.


Very odd as Jeanne d'arc seems to be fairly easy to get over here. I do understand it must be frustrating though

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage