Looking back at: Heartbreakers

Tropylium
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Tropylium »

So call me fashionable then, but I don't get what the fuss is. 90% of the released soundtracks (and a good part of the unreleased, too) beat this one-handed.

I'm not saying it sucks, it's just typical sound-paste that fails to leave an impression on me (even Twilight Painter). Something's missing.
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

Heartbreakers is a good film. I have several times in the cinema was seen.
The music is rather untypical for TD.
In live concerts this music was never played. Why not?
The music is very influenced by Johannes Schmoelling.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I saw the film on the telly a few years back and wasn't over impressed. Not my sort of thing at all.
hansx

Post by hansx »

intercorni wrote:Heartbreakers is a good film. I have several times in the cinema was seen.
The music is rather untypical for TD.
In live concerts this music was never played. Why not?
The music is very influenced by Johannes Schmoelling.
never saw the movie, but the soundtrack has some good songs on it.
razor

Post by razor »

I like the 2 first songs on this soundtrack. They remind me slightly of 'Firestarter'. The rest of the songs are quite good aswell, but perhaps not songs I return to very often though. An overall good album! :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Jon wrote:Yes, I quite like this one.

I have never seen the film, it never shows up on TV.
it's quite deadful...all IMHO of course
I must agree.............its not very good at all :oops:
Unfortunately how many terrible films were made using an excellent score from TD ....................far too many
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

alipaul wrote:Unfortunately how many terrible films were made using an excellent score from TD ....................far too many
That is so true :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
alipaul wrote:Unfortunately how many terrible films were made using an excellent score from TD ....................far too many
It's a shame that TD didn't get the chance to do the music for a real blockbuster. I suppose Thief and Legend were as close as they came.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

same like wastelength ....... aaah, wavelength ;)........ accustic waste imo........ elevator music.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
24db

Post by 24db »

krismopompas wrote:same like wastelength ....... aaah, wavelength ;)........ accustic waste imo........ elevator music.
still better than most of what pretends to be soundtrack music these days IMHO...at least it has sonic character, emotion and by and large it's memorable. Buy any score these days and try to get to the end of the album in one go....it's hard work
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

just bought this on ebay... can somebody tell me if there is a difference between the two version except the cover?
merci,
multi
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

multivit72 wrote:just bought this on ebay... can somebody tell me if there is a difference between the two version except the cover?
merci,
multi
Not sure about the music.
As a matter of interest, did you get the original cover with the purple bars of the horrendous cover with the cartoon "lady" on the front
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

well, i just bought it today so have to wait a few days. the ebay listing showed the original cover. according to VitN this version is rather rare? So, I hope it is that one
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
It's a shame that TD didn't get the chance to do the music for a real blockbuster. I suppose Thief and Legend were as close as they came.
I guess Risky Business and Near Dark are very popular films.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

I may be in the minority who enjoyed the movie, a solid drama with Peter Coyote who is excellent as always, and the late Carol Wayne in a pretty saucy nude 3some scene :D

The score was different in the day for TD, but nonetheless it accents the movie perfectly is stands alone as a good listen. The type of film TD didn't have much opportunity to score, and they handled it well