Looking Back : WHITE EAGLE

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Awesome record and one of my faves from the Virgin years...Mojave Plan is astounding.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yet another great TD album. Four fantastic tracks, each one entirely different from the next. Stand out track for me is Mojave Plan which just keeps shifting up a gear until it totally goes off the rails and ends up as a big train-wreck involving a symphony orchestra. Utter genious.

How many bands have so many classic albums?
Mars

Post by Mars »

My first album by TD! Mojave Plan is to blame that I became a TD fan!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Is that out of the 82 programme Andy :?:
No mate...TD fan club mag
Remember it well !!!

I have to admit like hyperborea initially not my favourite at the time

but get good airplay now
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Another Classic possibly my Fav TD studio album.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Having seen TD three times on the 1981 UK Tour (and having tapes), I was totally familiar with 'Mojave Plan' well before 'White Eagle' was released.

It was obvious in concert that this was a classic TD piece, but when I heard the studio recording I was very disappointed with its dry, compressed, seemingly rushed production and tape hiss.

Johannes' Mini Moog solos were better live and I've always felt uneasy that the band felt it necessary to sequence the PPG lead melodies rather than play them live.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Fantastic album this is. I have two versions on album. One I bought here in the states, probably at Warehouse records or Music Plus. The second album, I bought the Japanese release when I lived in Japan. Also have this on cd. Mojave Plan. . .awesome track, I play this when I'm on my road trips driving through Mojave desert. A true classic.

:D :D :D :D :D out of 5
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I cannot remember if the first album I heard by TD was White Eagle or Tangram, but I remember listening to White Eagle on LP from my brothers collection when I was a boy. Really liked it, but it took several years untill I discovered more of TD. Melrose was the first I bought, and from 1990 until about 2000 my interest for TD was modest. But then I really discovered them again, and started buying more albums. White Eagle is definitely one of the most important reasons that I discovered the band in the first place.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Another fantastic album in a quality we hardly get these years (sorry). For me also a topten album.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Mojave plan is for me one of the top five best compositions of EM by anyone ever. I just love the way it deconstructs itself at the end of the first movement.

AS for white eagle has anyone noticed any similarities with Philip Glass's The Photographer if it's not somehow borrowed it's certainly a confirmation of genius!
A Hyperborean

White Eagle: Brilliant

Post by A Hyperborean »

This was amongst the first TD albums I bought in 1984 and one I rate as an absolute work of genius.
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

mojave plan is one of the best pieces music ever composed......... the essence of sequencerlines with a great flow of chords, melodies and percussionsounds........ ok, this is something i could write for many td-songs :!: ............ simply one of my alltime td-favs :)
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Just listened through this album. I came to think about the title track. I am sure this is featured on a recent TD release (but maybe with a different name, because it maybe is a new live version). Can't remember what release. Any ideas? Probably a silly question, but still... :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:Just listened through this album. I came to think about the title track. I am sure this is featured on a recent TD release (but maybe with a different name, because it maybe is a new live version). Can't remember what release. Any ideas? Probably a silly question, but still... :)
It sometimes goes by the name of "The Girl on the Stairs" and has been played at various concerts in recent years. It was definitely played at Frankfurt a couple of years back. There was a great version released as a limited edition EP for the 1997 tour.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote:Just listened through this album. I came to think about the title track. I am sure this is featured on a recent TD release (but maybe with a different name, because it maybe is a new live version). Can't remember what release. Any ideas? Probably a silly question, but still... :)
It sometimes goes by the name of "The Girl on the Stairs" and has been played at various concerts in recent years. It was definitely played at Frankfurt a couple of years back. There was a great version released as a limited edition EP for the 1997 tour.
Girl on the Stairs it is! Thanks a lot. I knew it was on some live recordings I have, but I could not remember the new title. :-)