Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:23 pm 

:) I decided to research the lyrics to the Fourth Track on this limited CD through google and found that they are a Poem by Robert Southwell called "The Burning Babe". if you wish to see them simply google the title and author and it pops straight out of the web. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:18 pm 

soundmill navigator wrote:
:) I decided to research the lyrics to the Fourth Track on this limited CD through google and found that they are a Poem by Robert Southwell called "The Burning Babe". if you wish to see them simply google the title and author and it pops straight out of the web. Enjoy.

Well spotted! Perhaps they used Metaphor as a 'toe in the water' to see what the reaction was going to be for MFD?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:00 pm 

24db wrote:

Well spotted! Perhaps they used Metaphor as a 'toe in the water' to see what the reaction was going to be for MFD?

I'm guessing, given the timing, it's more likely a leftover track from the MFD sessions. By the time it was released it would have been too late to pull the rest of the recording. If they wanted to guage the fans reaction then I think they would have released one of the other tracks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:06 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:

I'm guessing, given the timing, it's more likely a leftover track from the MFD sessions. By the time it was released it would have been too late to pull the rest of the recording. If they wanted to guage the fans reaction then I think they would have released one of the other tracks.

Yeah, you're probably right mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:03 pm 

I like the leftover theory.
If "The Burning Babe" is simply a leftover, try imagining all the wonderful music on the album. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 am 

Thanks for digging those up - having made out "burning babe" I'd assumed this was about a cold chic. Couldn't be more wrong!

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:21 am 

test

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: