Unreleased Soundtracks

Would you commit to buying these soundtracks even if they had to be modified to get them released like The Keep ?

yes
90%
no
10%

Total votes: 40

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jon »

According to imdb.com, Miracle Mile is the TD-music that is being used in Highway To Hell.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

Memphis PD is also Miracle Mile re-used. I recall watching this on HBO years ago and hearing pretty much the entire score tracked in . Nothing new there.

Ah, we need some of this stuff released. Come on.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

If we can't get the soundtracks issued on individual releases i'd settle for a 2 CD compilation of the best unreleased ones
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
32 years + counting

LOST TD SOUNDTRACKS

Post by 32 years + counting »

For my two cents CODENAME THE SOLDIER remains the greatest of all the lost TD soundtracks. Though a fair few tracks got recycled and released on WAVELENGTH and LOGOS, it's easily on a par with THE PARK IS MINE as a stand-alone. The themes from FORBIDDEN are also lovely.

EB....I don't get it.....Johannes released some of SOLDIER and LEGEND on his EARLY BEGINNINGS cd, so the rights issues are surely done and dusted now. Why not a release of these full soundtracks?

James Glickenhaus is infamous for making one of the THE worst films in history (MC BAIN), and is now a stock broker, and he has been totally out of the film biz for 20 years. So why not let a little art back into the world?

You can barely find these films on DVD, let alone anything else.
Jon

Re: LOST TD SOUNDTRACKS

Post by Jon »

32 years + counting wrote: James Glickenhaus is infamous for making one of the THE worst films in history (MC BAIN), and is now a stock broker, and he has been totally out of the film biz for 20 years. So why not let a little art back into the world?
I haven't seen McBain, but of course it has a Franke score. Glickenhaus also did Shakedown in 1988, which featured a great electronic score by Jonathan Elias, so at least he had good taste in composers. He made his last film in 1995, Timemaster.
Erik

Post by Erik »

i have a question about Brandmale.

part of the unofficially compiled soundtrack has two longer tracks at the beginning. both of which are by Johannes. there is some talking at the start, and applause at the end. were these performed live somewhere?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I'd buy them all!!!!!!!
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

GlynRichards wrote:I'd buy them all!!!!!!!
yep, me too. even if they turn out to not much good :roll: :oops:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:I'd buy them all!!!!!!!
yep, me too. even if they turn out to not much good :roll: :oops:
I think this is the same for most of us..................TD on the cover & we are there

Erik

Post by Erik »

at the moment i'm missing Undinade, Der Meteor ( '68 ), and Never Shoot the Bathroom Man. the video for Bathroom Man seems to be on youtube, but the audio apparently isn't Edgar's work. maybe it never was to begin with.

and going back to Brandmale, the vocal track on that was really unusual. not even sure if it was TD.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

With TD releasing 15 or more CD's per year...a huge catalog... releasing some of these soundtracks should be in their plans. Doing bananarama versions would even be an option as long as they don't turn out like The Keep, which of course, featured hardly any soundtrack music at all.

The Soldier is very much like Risky Business - the bulk of it is rearranged album material, but there are some new tracks, and it would be a very nice listen. It could even be paired with the very good but very short score to Vision Quest, both on a single CD. The existing Risky Business CD only leaves a few items, that short scratchy rhythm piece and the very short reworkings of Tangram's opening.

The Legend soundtrack is missing some excellent music, around 30 minutes made it on album, there is at least 30-45 minutes of listenable score left.

Red Heat & City Of Shadows both have some very good music which would warrant releases.

If Edgar isn't keen on releasing these, perhaps one of the soundtrack labels like LaLaLand could grab some , since LaLa in particular seems to enjoy electronic scores. In particular, The Keep needs to be rescued and restored to its ambient glory :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

mikewp wrote:With TD releasing 15 or more CD's per year...a huge catalog... releasing some of these soundtracks should be in their plans. Doing bananarama versions would even be an option as long as they don't turn out like The Keep, which of course, featured hardly any soundtrack music at all.

The Soldier is very much like Risky Business - the bulk of it is rearranged album material, but there are some new tracks, and it would be a very nice listen. It could even be paired with the very good but very short score to Vision Quest, both on a single CD. The existing Risky Business CD only leaves a few items, that short scratchy rhythm piece and the very short reworkings of Tangram's opening.

The Legend soundtrack is missing some excellent music, around 30 minutes made it on album, there is at least 30-45 minutes of listenable score left.

Red Heat & City Of Shadows both have some very good music which would warrant releases.

If Edgar isn't keen on releasing these, perhaps one of the soundtrack labels like LaLaLand could grab some , since LaLa in particular seems to enjoy electronic scores. In particular, The Keep needs to be rescued and restored to its ambient glory :D
May be TD's recently announced return to soundtrack work will increase interest in TD's older soundtracks. I certainly hope so.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
mikewp wrote:With TD releasing 15 or more CD's per year...a huge catalog... releasing some of these soundtracks should be in their plans. Doing bananarama versions would even be an option as long as they don't turn out like The Keep, which of course, featured hardly any soundtrack music at all.

May be TD's recently announced return to soundtrack work will increase interest in TD's older soundtracks. I certainly hope so.
I do hope so !!!

Jon

Post by Jon »

mikewp wrote:If Edgar isn't keen on releasing these, perhaps one of the soundtrack labels like LaLaLand could grab some , since LaLa in particular seems to enjoy electronic scores.
I guess labels like Perseverance and Varese CD Club could do something too.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Jon wrote:
mikewp wrote:If Edgar isn't keen on releasing these, perhaps one of the soundtrack labels like LaLaLand could grab some , since LaLa in particular seems to enjoy electronic scores.
I guess labels like Perseverance and Varese CD Club could do something too.
As long as the band get the proceeds i don't care who releases them so many good scores going a miss :cry: :cry: