Dante Trilogy Lyrics

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Dante Trilogy Lyrics

Post by Froesesque »

Were the lyrics for theses 3 albums taken straight from Dantes works?I've been reading through the 3 on the link on Edgars site and what I'm reading and hearing seem to be different! Maybee I'm not reading the right parts!

All the more credit to Edgar and Jerome if they did write their own lyrics, their own interperations of the works, I think that Dante would still be very proud.

:D :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I think Edgars wife Bianca adapted Dantes words to the music. I wish I could pluck up the courage to pick up the Divina Commedia book which has been gathering dust for three months.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

sparrow wrote:I think Edgars wife Bianca adapted Dantes words to the music. I wish I could pluck up the courage to pick up the Divina Commedia book which has been gathering dust for three months.
Your right there sparrow Bianca does the lyrical side of the series .If you where to read it straight it would be a complex task to get it to run to the music so a sort of transposition is done ....Bianca does a good job on the translation...

:D :arrow: :!: 8) :P Geoff
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

From flicking through some of the original Dante online (the English translations), it does seem that the lyrics are pretty much taken directly from existing translations. However, there has been some mucking about, presumably by Ms Acquaye.

I still can't make out the chorus of "Chasing The Bad Seed"
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I recently read a shortened version of La Divina Comedia (actually the script to a swedish stage-play) and that gave me a basic understanding of the material.

I would be willing to pay a few euros (five or so) for a downloadable pdf-file with the complete lyrics as on the records of Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.

Would you?

If many people are interested then maybe Edgar could take the time to compile it for us.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I recently asked Jayney if she had any copies of the lyrics, since she and the other singers were reading off sheets for the shows. Unfortunately they were collected up by Bianca/TD at the end of the shows and she didn't have any herself.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

"On a good Friday, at my glorious age of 35 - I get lost in a dark room"

Is how the lyrics of Inferno start (i think), not mentioned in the original text (i think). A bit of biograpical back-ground in to Dante's life when he wrote the piece???
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!