New "Deluxe packaging - 300 copies"

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New "Deluxe packaging - 300 copies"

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Groove Unlimited have listed 11 double-CDs from TD in "Deluxe packaging", each limited to 300 copies - all from the TDI-catalogue.
Anyone who knows what this is :?: :?:
Is this perhaps how they are going to put an end to the TDI label ?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

You could be right. They are listing a release date of Feb. 19th, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. BTW, did you notice the Coventry Cathedral DVD was listed for release the same day?
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

[quote="Hobo"]You could be right. They are listing a release date of Feb. 19th, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. BTW, did you notice the Coventry Cathedral DVD was listed for release the same day?[/quote]

Yes I saw that, Hobo - that's certainly good news.
But I wonder what this "Deluxe packaging" of the CDs is - maybe a trick to make the hardcore fan buy them all again... :cry:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
Hobo wrote:You could be right. They are listing a release date of Feb. 19th, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. BTW, did you notice the Coventry Cathedral DVD was listed for release the same day?
Yes I saw that, Hobo - that's certainly good news.
But I wonder what this "Deluxe packaging" of the CDs is - maybe a trick to make the hardcore fan buy them all again... :cry:
I don't think many will fall for that. My guess is it's a cheap packaging option. Good for those that haven't got these, but particularly annoying if you already have one part of the double pack!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

There is something about "limited editions", you know, which makes it very hard to resist.
I have all the albums already, so they really have to come up with something VERY special to make me buy this batch...
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bergen-dreamer wrote:There is something about "limited editions", you know, which makes it very hard to resist.
I have all the albums already, so they really have to come up with something VERY special to make me buy this batch...
I haven't got them all, but even so I'd rather have the albums individually. I see these releases being a cardboard sleeve double pack (especially at the price). Limited or not, I'll probably give them a miss. Doubtless they will appear on ebay at ridiculously inflated prices, in the near future.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I got this email from CDS at the start of the week:

A list of specially priced TANGERINE DREAM double play packs limited to just a few hundred copies of each...
* Please Order Quickly *

TANGERINE DREAM: ATLANTIC WALLS+220 VOLTS LIVE (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294223) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: DREAM MIXES 3+HOLLYWOOD YEARS-VOL.2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294237) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: EAST+MARS POLARIS (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294233) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: OASIS+GREAT WALL OF CHINA (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294200) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: ROCKING MARS+JEANNE D'ARC (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294240) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: QUINOA+DREAM MIXES-1 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294166) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TOURNADO+DREAM MIXES-2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294221) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TRANSSIBERIA+ROCKOON (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294214) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TURN OF THE TIDES+PURGATORIO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294227) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TYRANNY OF BEAUTY+INFERNO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294228) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: VALENTINE WHEELS+ATLANTIC BRIDGES (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294215) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: WHAT A BLAST+DREAM MIXES-4 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294162) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

I've pretty much got them all and some of the combinations seem a little odd. Also Purgatorio and Turn of the Tides should be 3 CDs shouldn't it? I was in two minds because of the Ltd Edition tag but I'm not really a collector so......
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:I got this email from CDS at the start of the week:

A list of specially priced TANGERINE DREAM double play packs limited to just a few hundred copies of each...
* Please Order Quickly *

TANGERINE DREAM: ATLANTIC WALLS+220 VOLTS LIVE (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294223) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: DREAM MIXES 3+HOLLYWOOD YEARS-VOL.2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294237) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: EAST+MARS POLARIS (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294233) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: OASIS+GREAT WALL OF CHINA (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294200) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: ROCKING MARS+JEANNE D'ARC (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294240) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: QUINOA+DREAM MIXES-1 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294166) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TOURNADO+DREAM MIXES-2 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294221) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TRANSSIBERIA+ROCKOON (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294214) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TURN OF THE TIDES+PURGATORIO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294227) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: TYRANNY OF BEAUTY+INFERNO (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294228) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: VALENTINE WHEELS+ATLANTIC BRIDGES (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294215) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

TANGERINE DREAM: WHAT A BLAST+DREAM MIXES-4 (Ltd Edition 2CD Pack - Stock # 294162) 2CD £11.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £ 9.99

I've pretty much got them all and some of the combinations seem a little odd. Also Purgatorio and Turn of the Tides should be 3 CDs shouldn't it? I was in two minds because of the Ltd Edition tag but I'm not really a collector so......
I'd noticed the Purgatorio and TOTT thing as well Chris and I entirely agree with the odd combinations. I've only got about 5 of the above albums, but would not want to collect the others via these offers, limited edition or not. I suspect that this may be the last release of these titles though and I may end up regretting not buying them. C'est la vie!
redziller

Post by redziller »

An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

redziller wrote:An' how do you get Jean d'Arc & Rocking Mars on to two CDs?
Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.
DM1 was single cd with a bonus disk on TDI but was a single disk when it was released on other labels. The bonus disc was nothing to write home about, just some of the the same tracks again with different edits, really.

CDS is the best value by far for these limited editions.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
DM1 was single cd with a bonus disk on TDI but was a single disk when it was released on other labels. The bonus disc was nothing to write home about, just some of the the same tracks again with different edits, really.

But don't forget the two unreleased tracks, Sojus and Iowa - which aren't too shabby, IMHO.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Beaubourg wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Yep and DM1 was a double CD as well, although I do have a single disc somewhere (the horrible pink and yellow US version). Still it's a great way for a new fan to catch up on the TDI catalogue. I think if it had been me I would have put relatively similar sounding disks together.

But don't forget the two unreleased tracks, Sojus and Iowa - which aren't too shabby, IMHO.
I can't remember these tracks.
timer

Post by timer »

But don't forget the two unreleased tracks, Sojus and Iowa - which aren't too shabby, IMHO.[/quote]

Very good tracks indeed, but were'nt they only on the double CD version of DM1?,
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Could it mean that Jeanne d'Arc & Rocking Mars and the other albums are packaged just like Vault IV with an extra slipcase? And all the cd's are there?