Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Will give it a shot this week. Not only once, but more. Maybe i can change my mind. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:28 pm
Posts: 586
Location: Airbrushing the Velvet Landscape
Must admit my expectations were pretty high for Views and I'm sorry to say that after 3 or 4 plays they haven't fully been realised yet.

Outstanding tracks for me are Leviathan, One Night in Space, Carmel Calif and Sound of a Shell. there is some stunning guitar work here though personally I would have preferred the guitar turned up a notch or two more in the mix.

I am listening to so much of new stuff lately that the remaining tracks are not quite getting through. Maybe I need to revisit this one closer Nov 1st

_________________
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
I have given up on this one myself, it hasn`t clicked with me either but as there is so many other good music coming out from TD towers I am sure I can be forgiven for not being crazy about this one ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
Just got it yesterday(finally)...liked it the first time I heard it...I think this one is going to grow on me for sure.

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
SydneyFC wrote:
Just got it yesterday(finally)...liked it the first time I heard it...I think this one is going to grow on me for sure.



Nearly four months of playing now , and Im not tirering of this in the slightest 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:
Just got it yesterday(finally)...liked it the first time I heard it...I think this one is going to grow on me for sure.



Nearly four months of playing now , and Im not tirering of this in the slightest 8)


Same here,it accompanies me on the i-pod if i need to go anywhere,its a great listen IMHO 8) :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:49 am
Posts: 296
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:
Just got it yesterday(finally)...liked it the first time I heard it...I think this one is going to grow on me for sure.



Nearly four months of playing now , and Im not tirering of this in the slightest 8)


Same here,it accompanies me on the i-pod if i need to go anywhere,its a great listen IMHO 8) :D


Same with me....Even my little daughter enjoys the music when driving her to school! I think she will become a new young TD fan.... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Nero wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:
Just got it yesterday(finally)...liked it the first time I heard it...I think this one is going to grow on me for sure.



Nearly four months of playing now , and Im not tirering of this in the slightest 8)


Same here,it accompanies me on the i-pod if i need to go anywhere,its a great listen IMHO 8) :D


Same with me....Even my little daughter enjoys the music when driving her to school! I think she will become a new young TD fan.... 8)

Just come back from a weeks holiday and had this in the old CD player, along with Tangram 2008 and Hyperborea 2008, for most of the time. Has it really been four months already? It shows no sign of wearing thin yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
Chris Monk wrote:
Nero wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:
Just got it yesterday(finally)...liked it the first time I heard it...I think this one is going to grow on me for sure.



Nearly four months of playing now , and Im not tirering of this in the slightest 8)


Same here,it accompanies me on the i-pod if i need to go anywhere,its a great listen IMHO 8) :D


Same with me....Even my little daughter enjoys the music when driving her to school! I think she will become a new young TD fan.... 8)

Just come back from a weeks holiday and had this in the old CD player, along with Tangram 2008 and Hyperborea 2008, for most of the time. Has it really been four months already? It shows no sign of wearing thin yet.


Yeah I've just loaded it onto my mp3 player so as I communute about four hours a day I am going to be listening to it heaps. :D

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
I also Pre-order View From the Red train.
Released date before Christmas holiday.




:!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:28 pm
Posts: 586
Location: Airbrushing the Velvet Landscape
Red Morpho wrote:
Must admit my expectations were pretty high for Views and I'm sorry to say that after 3 or 4 plays they haven't fully been realised yet.

Outstanding tracks for me are Leviathan, One Night in Space, Carmel Calif and Sound of a Shell. there is some stunning guitar work here though personally I would have preferred the guitar turned up a notch or two more in the mix.

I am listening to so much of new stuff lately that the remaining tracks are not quite getting through. Maybe I need to revisit this one closer Nov 1st


Have been playing this more since the Forum Concert and more of the tracks are making an impression - paticularly the ones I didn't recognise initially at the Forum - Serpent Magnifique, Hunter Shot by A Yellow Rabbit and Fire on the Mountain - good stuff, good memories

_________________
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
Im lovin Views From A Red Train. Proof TD still rock. A superb follow up to Madcaps Flaming Duty which i like but v-fart is loads better! And also a million miles away from The Five Atomic Seasons stuff, which is by far my favorite TD material in years. Disappointment this year...Purple Diluvial :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Im lovin Views From A Red Train. Proof TD still rock. A superb follow up to Madcaps Flaming Duty which i like but v-fart is loads better! And also a million miles away from The Five Atomic Seasons stuff, which is by far my favorite TD material in years. Disappointment this year...Purple Diluvial :-(


Its interesting to see all TD fans views, I am not keen on VFART but love Purple Diluvial. I guess it would be boring if we all had the same opinions. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
Note a Limited Edition for Regular CD Released Once is sold out they re-released again a Bonus Cut.


:shock: :D





:?: :!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
aren't cauliflowers great

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23 [ 333 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage