Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 am
Posts: 138
Location: 'Athens of the North'
After several months of contemplation, Fire On The Mountian

commands the same praise as Yellow Rabbit.




Why did it take me so long to realise .. :oops:


Classic quality.




homeless


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
homeless wrote:
After several months of contemplation, Fire On The Mountian

commands the same praise as Yellow Rabbit.




Why did it take me so long to realise .. :oops:


Classic quality.




homeless


I have been singing the praise of Fire on the Mountain since I first heard it. Easily one of the best tracks of the album in my opinion.

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
rattymouse wrote:
homeless wrote:
After several months of contemplation, Fire On The Mountian

commands the same praise as Yellow Rabbit.




Why did it take me so long to realise .. :oops:


Classic quality.




homeless


I have been singing the praise of Fire on the Mountain since I first heard it. Easily one of the best tracks of the album in my opinion.


Yeah....Fire on the Mountain is IMO the best track on the album.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
A truly exhilerating album but it would be between "Carmel Calif" or "Leviathan" as a favorite. 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:33 am
Posts: 1572
Location: Denmark
cantosis wrote:
not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.


I tend to agree... next cupdisc will be a "j-cupdisc" 8)

_________________
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 547
Location: Louisiana, USA
cantosis wrote:
not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.


My sentiments exactly. Red Train does have some good songs, but for overall listening enjoyment, I've been devoting most of my time to PD. (Can't wait for Autumn in Hiroshima.)

_________________
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
jacob wrote:
cantosis wrote:
not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.


I tend to agree... next cupdisc will be a "j-cupdisc" 8)


Interest in Cupdiscs seems to be at an all time HIGH.

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:47 am
Posts: 78
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
I like this album! It's got cojones, to be sure! Nice to hear Edgar kicking some arse on the guitar.

_________________
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
I didn't play it for weeks. After all it isn't that great as I in first instance thought. I like Anthology Decades more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:49 am
Posts: 296
I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
and deserves its attention. It's difficult to compare Red Train with PD
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
It doesn't make any sense to me to compare them.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Nero wrote:
I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
and deserves its attention. It's difficult to compare Red Train with PD
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
It doesn't make any sense to me to compare them.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.


Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
epsilon75 wrote:
Nero wrote:
I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
and deserves its attention. It's difficult to compare Red Train with PD
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
It doesn't make any sense to me to compare them.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.


Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)



110 % agree - at present Views is my No.1 CD of 2008. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Nero wrote:
I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
and deserves its attention. It's difficult to compare Red Train with PD
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
It doesn't make any sense to me to compare them.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.


Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)



110 % agree - at present Views is my No.1 CD of 2008. 8)

Totally agree. Not heard anything else that even comes close this year. Very good album, it's the album Rockoon should have been. I hope TD do more in this vein.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Nero wrote:
I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
and deserves its attention. It's difficult to compare Red Train with PD
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
It doesn't make any sense to me to compare them.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.


Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)



110 % agree - at present Views is my No.1 CD of 2008. 8)

Totally agree. Not heard anything else that even comes close this year. Very good album, it's the album Rockoon should have been. I hope TD do more in this vein.


Put on Views about half an hour ago and just had to come on here and say how much I LOVE this album. It really is something special. I think it has to be the best of the magnificent trio.

Tangerine Dream really are bloody brilliant :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23 [ 333 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage