Views From A Red Train

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

rattymouse wrote:
cantosis wrote:First listen and I am sorry to say it is not as positive as most people. Leviathan is a head and shoulders above the rest of the album. Also love Sound Of A Shell, but apart from those two tracks the rest sounds a bit bland to me. I feel like I have heard it all before with just some cocky guitar sounds to jazz it up.

Granted It has not got my full attention yet as I was cleaning the house while listening to it.

I will play it again tomorrow loud when im alone in the house, but after reading all the positive comments maybe I was expecting to much.

I have been impressed with most of the recent TD albums over the past couple of years but I think the likes of summer and springtime and even madcap show current TD in a much more creative light, this album sounds like a step back into the 90s.

Hopefully it will grow on me though
I am sorry but this needs comment. A new TD album is a precious moment. Even with their accelerated output these days (not counting the endless amount of anthologies) you still only get a release or two per year. And of course, TD's days are limited by biology. EF cannot remain with us forever.

You only get one time to experience a recording the 1st time. We've all had those moments; the first time we heard Rubycon, Pergammon, or Logos. The first time you hear a recording may not be the best time, but it is the most unique when all expectations must be set aside and you let the musical vision of EF envelop you.

TO WASTE THIS MOMENT BY PLAYING A NEW TD RECORDING WHILE DOING HOUSEWORK IS OBSCENE!
Obscene.. :shock: :shock: :shock: a bit harsh Tom.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

The word is brutal! :lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Slighty over the top but the dude is entilted to his opinion. having a baby daughter around now I dont have time to lounge about listening to TD only...I have to utilise my time and sometimes that means listening to TD when I am changing nappies or cleaning.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

When I first heard Summer In Nagasaki, I was washing my dishes. I wasn't distracted by anything by that, so I could fully concentrate on the music.

We have different listening habits.
har

Post by har »

Looking forward to hearing this very much indeed.

Any news yet on when the new stuff will be available on download???????

Thats an idea for a new thread actually............ "What have you done whilst listening to Tangerine Dream "

Maybe not :shock:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Pertou wrote:When I first heard Summer In Nagasaki, I was washing my dishes. I wasn't distracted by anything by that, so I could fully concentrate on the music.

I often listen to TD when my wife is doing the dishes. Can't remember the last time I done the dishes.. :oops:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:
Pertou wrote:When I first heard Summer In Nagasaki, I was washing my dishes. I wasn't distracted by anything by that, so I could fully concentrate on the music.

I often listen to TD when my wife is doing the dishes. Can't remember the last time I done the dishes.. :oops:

At the moment my better half is working and I am not, so it is only fair I put on the pink apron and clean, cook and do all the other stuff. :oops:
ant

Post by ant »

:( Still waiting for my cd's to arrive. was hoping I would have them for this weekend but unfortunately that looks more and more unlikely now. Just hope they arrive on Monday instead!! All the talk about VFART is making me salivate!! Please Mr Postman - HURRY UP!!!!!!! :)
Biggus Dickus
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

My first impression of the new releases is that I initially like Purple Diluvial more than VFART, and The Anthology Decades improves a lot with "Boat To China" instead of "Asteroid Agenda". Really quite a good compilation of archive material!

VFART needs some further listening over the weekend...
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I recieved my package today (the postmen were on strike in Germany this week, so it took a few days longer to reach its destination). Three new CDs with a playing time of almost 200 minutes and a signed postcard of Edgar's Zoom-o-Graphic "Elf June And The Midnight Patrol"! :D :D :D

I still haven't had the opportunity to listen to the discs, but that sure is a great gift for the weekend. And right now I rip the CDs onto my PC so I can put new mp3s on my player. There's no way I will drive to work on monday without "Views From A Red Train" (because the underground trains in Cologne are painted in white and red)! :wink:
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

For most people EF/TD is the soundtrack to their life (copyright EF)

In which case washing up and cleaning is part of life and it is perfectly acceptable to listen to new releases where performing these chores

LISTENING TO TD/EF COULD NEVER BE OBSCENE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

MrCox wrote:Three new CDs with a playing time of almost 200 minutes and a signed postcard of Edgar's Zoom-o-Graphic "Elf June And The Midnight Patrol"! :D :D :D
I received the same package, and same postcard. :) The postcard & the recent cover artwork is a thing of beauty. It looks SOOO much better for real than the tiny pics in the shops...! If TD would print it on (affordable) posters I'm quite sure they'd sell well.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

That's right. The new covers are real works of art! My favourite cover is "The Anthology Decades". I love this black and yellow colouring. :D
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Washing the dishes is a very good time to listen to music...mindless chores like this are certainly a time when I do some of my best listening. :D
"Sydney till I Die"
timer

Post by timer »

Eastgate Goodies arrived in Somerset this morning ! Having a break from Views from A Red Train ! Purple Dulivual in the player. :D