Views From A Red Train

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote:I hear it's so good that even Emportal posters cheered up and stopped living in the past ;)
Can't believe that ! from over there ! :o
lol...well who gives a monkey's anyway to be honest mate ;). Starts a BM vigil
was that the thread started by that Joker chappie ? :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote: Can't believe that ! from over there ! :o
lol...well who gives a monkey's anyway to be honest mate ;). Starts a BM vigil
was that the thread started by that Joker chappie ? :wink:
obviously some Bristol base chap :P I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the new discs whilst I could in Eindhoven. Fingers crossed I might get them by the end of next week from Eastgate
timer

Post by timer »

I only picked up 'Views' but im glad i did, just can't stop playing this, absolutely stunning. 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:I only picked up 'Views' but im glad i did, just can't stop playing this, absolutely stunning. 8)
Off topic (sorry chaps)...was just me or did the stall have some different posters in boxes at the back? Can anyone confirm this who bought one? Obviously I got the signed 'Warhol like' poster of Edgar
timer

Post by timer »

Views also getting good ratings on Rate your Music. :wink:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Andy...the stall DID seem to have more stuff at the back than was on display, especially posters. Maybe not enough room to display them all? But no one's going to buy them if we can't see them. I was hoping they'd have copies of Phaedra 2005, still not got that, but they didn't. Groove had copies, but they wanted around £16! :shock:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

exit81 wrote:Andy...the stall DID seem to have more stuff at the back than was on display, especially posters. Maybe not enough room to display them all? But no one's going to buy them if we can't see them. I was hoping they'd have copies of Phaedra 2005, still not got that, but they didn't. Groove had copies, but they wanted around £16! :shock:
I didn't see any copies of the Keep for the first time in ages either.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Andy...the stall DID seem to have more stuff at the back than was on display, especially posters. Maybe not enough room to display them all? But no one's going to buy them if we can't see them. I was hoping they'd have copies of Phaedra 2005, still not got that, but they didn't. Groove had copies, but they wanted around £16! :shock:
Just what I thought mate, but as I was waiting around for the backstage passes for naught I didn't bother ;) sorry to complain...it's my nature :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I hear it's so good that even Emportal posters cheered up and stopped living in the past ;)
:shock: :shock: :? I will believe that when i see it :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

All i can say is WOW !!! VFART what an album at least 9/10 in my books but that's only my first listen the score will grow no doubt
Leviathan awesome
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

First listen and I am sorry to say it is not as positive as most people. Leviathan is a head and shoulders above the rest of the album. Also love Sound Of A Shell, but apart from those two tracks the rest sounds a bit bland to me. I feel like I have heard it all before with just some cocky guitar sounds to jazz it up.

Granted It has not got my full attention yet as I was cleaning the house while listening to it.

I will play it again tomorrow loud when im alone in the house, but after reading all the positive comments maybe I was expecting to much.

I have been impressed with most of the recent TD albums over the past couple of years but I think the likes of summer and springtime and even madcap show current TD in a much more creative light, this album sounds like a step back into the 90s.

Hopefully it will grow on me though
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

timer wrote:Views also getting good ratings on Rate your Music. :wink:
As the only people who have it, well by far the greatest percentage, are those of us that were able to attend the show its not exactly a good barometer of opinion yet.

yes it is a very good album, some parts are exceptional some dip to good / very good, I like it.

I'll be interested to see reviews and opinion a couple of months after the eastgate shipping from the "less dedicated " fans and more casual listeners, I suspect they'll be pretty much positive as is mine of the album.
But its those fans that need courting, its where the money lies.
Nero

Post by Nero »

I received RED TRAIN yesterday and played it four times now - and.....guess what - it's a stunning brilliant album!!!
Amazing inspiring compositions with great guitar work both from Edgar and Bernhard. The tracks sound fresh and energetic,
the whole atmosphere is dense and vibrant.
Guys, I tell you, it's definitely a cracker!!
Which band in the world is able to deliver so much new music within a year??
EF continues his chain of superlative from 2007...great stuff!
9,9/10 :D

By the way, couldn't make it to the gig in Eindhoven...must have been a great show.
Biodiode

Post by Biodiode »

You lot are making me jealous. I am in Costa Del Blackpool and still not received it :(

Hope it arrives in time for weekend.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

cantosis wrote:First listen and I am sorry to say it is not as positive as most people. Leviathan is a head and shoulders above the rest of the album. Also love Sound Of A Shell, but apart from those two tracks the rest sounds a bit bland to me. I feel like I have heard it all before with just some cocky guitar sounds to jazz it up.

Granted It has not got my full attention yet as I was cleaning the house while listening to it.

I will play it again tomorrow loud when im alone in the house, but after reading all the positive comments maybe I was expecting to much.

I have been impressed with most of the recent TD albums over the past couple of years but I think the likes of summer and springtime and even madcap show current TD in a much more creative light, this album sounds like a step back into the 90s.

Hopefully it will grow on me though
I am sorry but this needs comment. A new TD album is a precious moment. Even with their accelerated output these days (not counting the endless amount of anthologies) you still only get a release or two per year. And of course, TD's days are limited by biology. EF cannot remain with us forever.

You only get one time to experience a recording the 1st time. We've all had those moments; the first time we heard Rubycon, Pergammon, or Logos. The first time you hear a recording may not be the best time, but it is the most unique when all expectations must be set aside and you let the musical vision of EF envelop you.

TO WASTE THIS MOMENT BY PLAYING A NEW TD RECORDING WHILE DOING HOUSEWORK IS OBSCENE!