Ok. now that it's the 40th anniversary...

EricDraven
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Ok. now that it's the 40th anniversary...

Post by EricDraven »

are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
Rico

Post by Rico »

I actually hope for pretty much the almost unthinkable right now, meaning some fresh material. The concerts and the re-releases of the tree were fine to some extent, the soundtracks and unknown things don't seem to gather the same attention. So why not a full swing at more new? Madcap's pretty acceptable as an expectation and these four new are very good projects, but it can be, in all, a very invigorating 2007.

that's my anniversary wish.
24db

Re: Ok. now that it's the 40th anniversary...

Post by 24db »

EricDraven wrote:are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:
If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)
Rico

Post by Rico »

24db wrote:
EricDraven wrote:are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:
Bootmoon released plenty of the "Virgin" 70s in 80s period, it was plenty to hear nothing specifically out of Franke. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Rico wrote:
24db wrote:
Bootmoon released plenty of the "Virgin" 70s in 80s period, it was plenty to hear nothing specifically out of Franke. :wink:
'Voiceprint' used the TT and TL discs, they asked Heiko for them directly and he sent them to Voiceprint. As far as studio stuff is concerned I'd be very surprised to she anything with Chris's name on.
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
Rico wrote:
24db wrote: If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)
'Voiceprint' used the TT and TL discs, they asked Heiko for them directly and he sent them to Voiceprint. As far as studio stuff is concerned I'd be very surprised to she anything with Chris's name on.
It depends on who owns the rights of the music, it may be that Chris doesnt own any due to the music belonging to the band/labels perhaps. Franke was on Antique Dreams and Soundmill Navigator and Sohoman and others recently so its not that he is denying access to TD Franke era music. Maybe he doenst even own any concert recordings, and if he did, then its likely he wont have any rights to them anyway because they are a band project. I dont know why people seem to think Franke has a huge collection of sequencer fest concert recordings lying next to his moog collections ;) I think Edgar is far to savvy to let such opportunities pass. My feeling is that if this material exists, and they can release it, they will.
Rico

Post by Rico »

sure, I was mainly talking of Chris Franke being mentioned in the trio. (or simply, being there)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:

If it revolves around my credit cards im going to be bloody skint :shock:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Perhaps TD need to think about selling on HP :shock: :wink: :lol:
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

:lol:
David Fox
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Perhaps TD need to think about selling on HP :shock: :wink: :lol:
I think it should 'buy one get one free'!
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Perhaps TD need to think about selling on HP :shock: :wink: :lol:
I think it should 'buy one get one free'!
Trade mark that idea immediately! ;)
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

A proper vintage DVD fully edited from the early years maybe a cleaned up version of the Poland concert. An offical release of White eagle with the orchestra.

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

How about a compilation DVD?

I know there are many many TV appearances/concert clips/studio promos doing the rounds for years, I think it would be great if some of these were put together, cleaned up, etc and released officially.

Maybe Poland '83 excerpts, White Eagle with Orchestra '82, the various '88 concert clips around, Athens '83 and my personal favourite, a 1989 TD TV performance of 'Sungate' with Edgar, Paul and Ralph which I have on video, the picture quality is only fair but would be excellent on DVD.

If only............
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:How about a compilation DVD?

I know there are many many TV appearances/concert clips/studio promos doing the rounds for years, I think it would be great if some of these were put together, cleaned up, etc and released officially.

Maybe Poland '83 excerpts, White Eagle with Orchestra '82, the various '88 concert clips around, Athens '83 and my personal favourite, a 1989 TD TV performance of 'Sungate' with Edgar, Paul and Ralph which I have on video, the picture quality is only fair but would be excellent on DVD.

If only............

Excellent idea HP7

Good quality snippets of these shows would go down a storm IMHO.....mind you i do have an excellent quality Poland DVD :wink: