Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:30 pm
Posts: 40
Location: ANY TOWN USA
are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:

_________________
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 154
Location: Timisoara, Romania
I actually hope for pretty much the almost unthinkable right now, meaning some fresh material. The concerts and the re-releases of the tree were fine to some extent, the soundtracks and unknown things don't seem to gather the same attention. So why not a full swing at more new? Madcap's pretty acceptable as an expectation and these four new are very good projects, but it can be, in all, a very invigorating 2007.

that's my anniversary wish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
EricDraven wrote:
are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:


If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 154
Location: Timisoara, Romania
24db wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:


If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)


Bootmoon released plenty of the "Virgin" 70s in 80s period, it was plenty to hear nothing specifically out of Franke. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Rico wrote:
24db wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:


If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)


Bootmoon released plenty of the "Virgin" 70s in 80s period, it was plenty to hear nothing specifically out of Franke. :wink:


'Voiceprint' used the TT and TL discs, they asked Heiko for them directly and he sent them to Voiceprint. As far as studio stuff is concerned I'd be very surprised to she anything with Chris's name on.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
24db wrote:
Rico wrote:
24db wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:


If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)


Bootmoon released plenty of the "Virgin" 70s in 80s period, it was plenty to hear nothing specifically out of Franke. :wink:


'Voiceprint' used the TT and TL discs, they asked Heiko for them directly and he sent them to Voiceprint. As far as studio stuff is concerned I'd be very surprised to she anything with Chris's name on.


It depends on who owns the rights of the music, it may be that Chris doesnt own any due to the music belonging to the band/labels perhaps. Franke was on Antique Dreams and Soundmill Navigator and Sohoman and others recently so its not that he is denying access to TD Franke era music. Maybe he doenst even own any concert recordings, and if he did, then its likely he wont have any rights to them anyway because they are a band project. I dont know why people seem to think Franke has a huge collection of sequencer fest concert recordings lying next to his moog collections ;) I think Edgar is far to savvy to let such opportunities pass. My feeling is that if this material exists, and they can release it, they will.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 154
Location: Timisoara, Romania
sure, I was mainly talking of Chris Franke being mentioned in the trio. (or simply, being there)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
24db wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
are we finally going to get some vintage concerts and unreleased soundtracks released that we've been promised since the early 90's when TDI was formed? And I don't mean concerts from the 80's or 90's either! :evil:


If it involves Chris Franke, never....or perhaps even longer ;)



If it revolves around my credit cards im going to be bloody skint :shock:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Perhaps TD need to think about selling on HP :shock: :wink: :lol:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Arklow in Ireland or at next TD gig
:lol:

_________________
David Fox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
epsilon75 wrote:
Perhaps TD need to think about selling on HP :shock: :wink: :lol:


I think it should 'buy one get one free'!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Perhaps TD need to think about selling on HP :shock: :wink: :lol:


I think it should 'buy one get one free'!


Trade mark that idea immediately! ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 1062
Location: Westren Australia:Rockingham 6168
A proper vintage DVD fully edited from the early years maybe a cleaned up version of the Poland concert. An offical release of White eagle with the orchestra.


:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff

_________________
http://www.downloadplatform.com/electrocelt/
www.myspace.com/ricochet1975 Also

ElectroCelt@myspace.com
http://indielite.com/ElectroCelt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Leics, UK
How about a compilation DVD?

I know there are many many TV appearances/concert clips/studio promos doing the rounds for years, I think it would be great if some of these were put together, cleaned up, etc and released officially.

Maybe Poland '83 excerpts, White Eagle with Orchestra '82, the various '88 concert clips around, Athens '83 and my personal favourite, a 1989 TD TV performance of 'Sungate' with Edgar, Paul and Ralph which I have on video, the picture quality is only fair but would be excellent on DVD.

If only............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
HarryPotter No7 wrote:
How about a compilation DVD?

I know there are many many TV appearances/concert clips/studio promos doing the rounds for years, I think it would be great if some of these were put together, cleaned up, etc and released officially.

Maybe Poland '83 excerpts, White Eagle with Orchestra '82, the various '88 concert clips around, Athens '83 and my personal favourite, a 1989 TD TV performance of 'Sungate' with Edgar, Paul and Ralph which I have on video, the picture quality is only fair but would be excellent on DVD.

If only............



Excellent idea HP7

Good quality snippets of these shows would go down a storm IMHO.....mind you i do have an excellent quality Poland DVD :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage