Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm
Posts: 216
BTW Listened to Sessions VI this afternoon.

Excellent , really enjoyed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 183
sorcerer wrote:
Rambling nonsense, having a go at everyone and everything, yet again.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.



Translation: What? You're supporting your points with facts like album sales, concert attendance, and an established discography of releases? Well, looks like my only option is to completely ignore everything that was said and simply be dismissive since I've clearly lost the actual debate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:52 am
Posts: 95
TheXFactor wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
Well, that's exactly the kind of blind adulation you mentioned above.

[...]

Except that they did- for the reasons mentioned above- plus they have both their respective solo releases (and two different collaborations) to back that up. The fact that you can't hear the quality on said releases is mind-boggling, honestly.


The effort made shows how much the topic means to you, but seriously -- there is no point in trying to make people think about what you're saying, and why. Their opinion is firmly established -- no need to confuse them with facts.

This behaviour prompted me to quit contributing to this forum a long time ago -- time-wasters, and rude ones at that (even though I'm sure they believe themselves to be extremely witty and smart... because no-one else does).

_________________
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm
Posts: 216
projekt-elektronik wrote:

This behaviour prompted me to quit contributing to this forum a long time ago.


See when you say “contributing” do you mean constantly slating all things TD, the band , their music, Edgar, album releases, band members .....

Here and elsewhere you have slagged TD for years. Nice to see you turning up on a negative thread though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1706
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
sorcerer wrote:
Rambling nonsense, having a go at everyone and everything, yet again.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.


You forgot "half-truths and personal opinions". :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 183
projekt-elektronik wrote:
The effort made shows how much the topic means to you, but seriously -- there is no point in trying to make people think about what you're saying, and why. Their opinion is firmly established -- no need to confuse them with facts.

This behaviour prompted me to quit contributing to this forum a long time ago -- time-wasters, and rude ones at that (even though I'm sure they believe themselves to be extremely witty and smart... because no-one else does).



I've never had an issue with different opinions because that can- under the right conditions- make for lively and interesting debates. The ignoring of established facts- on the other hand- has always been bizarre to me.

You're right though that quite a few of the die hard fans here think of themselves as extremely witty and smart.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:32 pm
Posts: 183
Jon wrote:

You forgot "half-truths and personal opinions". :lol:



Jon **also** wrote this (on June 6th 2017): "I doubt it, considering almost no one showed up on their previous US tour."


Billboard music sales charts, the highly lauded Voices In the Net discography website, personal attendance at all four of the referenced NYC gigs (1986, 1988, 1992, 2012)- all (ahem) "personal opinions". Because of course they are. Especially in the case of the 1992 and 2012 concerts where the poor turnout was painfully obvious. I'm sure I'm just imagining that 20 year gap between North American tours as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:52 am
Posts: 95
sorcerer wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote:

This behaviour prompted me to quit contributing to this forum a long time ago.


See when you say “contributing” do you mean constantly slating all things TD, the band , their music, Edgar, album releases, band members .....

Here and elsewhere you have slagged TD for years. Nice to see you turning up on a negative thread though.


I'm much obliged to you for proving my point.

Maybe you are mistaking me for someone else? That would be downright tragic.

_________________
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 am
Posts: 388
Location: Finland
I like a lot the Sessions series. Just ordered the Sessions VI so I haven't heard it yer, but I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it a lot based on the 5 previous releases.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 am
Posts: 388
Location: Finland
Finally got the order. It took no less than 12 days to get it from Austria to Finland.
Covid-19 is really slowing down international mail. Sessions VI sounds good!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage