Edgar plays TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar plays TD

Post by 24db »

regarding the recent comments about Edgar composing and playing all the music as TD. A quote from Lorraine Kay's interview with Edgar (with my underlining) it might shed some light?

Edgar Froese: "So right now with the present situation it is very good and so far I am the main writer and then I try to talk about things, you know, what you would add here and what you would add there. Is there something that is objectively better than what I did".

So...this is the difference between Edgar's purely solo work and Edgar working on TD. With TD it's still a collaboration, even if Edgar get's the composition credit
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

But it doesn't explain why a track is first released as EF and then as a TD track - or the other way around. :wink:
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
24db

Post by 24db »

“Sentence first, verdict afterwards.” - Lewis Carroll
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Not too fussed what name the music is released under these days. The line between Edgar Froese solo and Tangerine Dream has been bluring for years. I'd have been perfectly happy to see Dalinetopia come out under the banner of TD.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

j_pertou wrote:But it doesn't explain why a track is first released as EF and then as a TD track - or the other way around. :wink:
I don't think this makes any difference ... one he did while he slept on his left side and the other while he slept on his right side!

But it might also mean that he did this and that on this version and others did something else to it ... that also sounded good ... what's the big deal? It's music ... !!! MUSIC !!! ... and if you, or Edgar are open enough to it, you will always appreciate someone else's input, specially someone you trust that is good at feeling out and joining in the berry stuff that you do ...
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Hipgnosis wrote:
j_pertou wrote:But it doesn't explain why a track is first released as EF and then as a TD track - or the other way around. :wink:
. what's the big deal? It's music ... !!! MUSIC !!! ... .
It's not a big deal, and I never implied it was. :|
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.