Tangerine Dream on BBC 4 TV in October

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

har wrote:
24db wrote:
har wrote:Would have been great to see TD on the South Bank Show.

Remember, many moons ago, they did a feature on Peter Gabriel, must have been about 1982/3 as it was about PG4 I think.

Brilliant program, still remember it to this day. Magnificent album PG4.

Looking forward to this Beeb documentary.
Remember it well, with Peter with the CMI Fairlight sampling a paving slab (back in the day when Sampling was still exciting).
From memory I think Larry Fast might have been in it as well...but I'm guessing :)
Thats the one.........and sampling wind blowing across drainage pipes found on waste ground or something. You can hear a lot of that stuff on the album I think. Gonna check it out again today 8)

Breaking glass in a bucket was another
24db

Post by 24db »

timer

Post by timer »

24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:

Great stuff 8)
why does sampling seem so old hat these days? it was so promissing and fresh for while
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:If it gets good reviews from the fans around here I`ll probably watch it but knowing how the BBC do these type of music documentaries it will probably be cack.
From what I've seen most BBC music docs are rather good, even if I don't like the music (Hawkwind & the Who spring to mind)...UNLESS...they go for the 'comic' voice over treatment ("ho, Ho, those Krazy Krautrockers!!!"...let's shoe horn in every cliche and stereotype in the book, with some wacky visuals...dear god, wake me up when it's over!)...and then by and large they're utter (round objects) of the highest order. You either talk about music seriously or you can bugger off and write some sub-par sit com IMHO. I think some people at the Beeb try to save money and/or confuse the two, with the result that they keep nobody happy, which considering how much TV programmes cost these days is no mean feat.

Anyway...from what I've heard (so far) it's a pretty serious doc on German Music...and if I'm wrong, well when was the last time TD was featured on TV?...1997 or earlier? hardly an every day event ;) Judging by recent events and in all seriousness let's make the most of it
Of course I will watch, but if it is the Krautrock programm there won't be so much TD in it. Already seen it a year ago or something like that.
It is only 10minutes in 3 or 4 episodes. As far as I remember.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:If it gets good reviews from the fans around here I`ll probably watch it but knowing how the BBC do these type of music documentaries it will probably be cack.
From what I've seen most BBC music docs are rather good, even if I don't like the music (Hawkwind & the Who spring to mind)...UNLESS...they go for the 'comic' voice over treatment ("ho, Ho, those Krazy Krautrockers!!!"...let's shoe horn in every cliche and stereotype in the book, with some wacky visuals...dear god, wake me up when it's over!)...and then by and large they're utter (round objects) of the highest order. You either talk about music seriously or you can bugger off and write some sub-par sit com IMHO. I think some people at the Beeb try to save money and/or confuse the two, with the result that they keep nobody happy, which considering how much TV programmes cost these days is no mean feat.

Anyway...from what I've heard (so far) it's a pretty serious doc on German Music...and if I'm wrong, well when was the last time TD was featured on TV?...1997 or earlier? hardly an every day event ;) Judging by recent events and in all seriousness let's make the most of it
Of course I will watch, but if it is the Krautrock programm there won't be so much TD in it. Already seen it a year ago or something like that.
er...this is a NEW programme...they haven't finished producing it.
24db

Post by 24db »

oh and it only features 5 groups...TD, Cluster, Faust, Kraftwerk and Neu!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:They did a woeful one in the 80's, totally overlooked the whole German side, just concentrating on people like Tim Souster (not that a programme shouldn't, however it was just a missed chance and to cover EM and not even mention KS, Kraftwerk and TD is crazy IMHO).
I remember that one. Quite good in seeing how EM was done back in the day but, yes, a total missed opportunity.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Remember that one too. Great programme. Thanks for posting.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I will most certainly be there if still on earth :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote: From what I've seen most BBC music docs are rather good, even if I don't like the music (Hawkwind & the Who spring to mind)...UNLESS...they go for the 'comic' voice over treatment ("ho, Ho, those Krazy Krautrockers!!!"...let's shoe horn in every cliche and stereotype in the book, with some wacky visuals...dear god, wake me up when it's over!)...and then by and large they're utter (round objects) of the highest order. You either talk about music seriously or you can bugger off and write some sub-par sit com IMHO. I think some people at the Beeb try to save money and/or confuse the two, with the result that they keep nobody happy, which considering how much TV programmes cost these days is no mean feat.

er...this is a NEW programme...they haven't finished producing it.
Look forward to it. Can watch it now in HD since this weekend. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something...anything....good!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Knowing our luck it will be a 60 second snippet :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I just bought a 160gb hardrive TVrecorder off BidTV specifically to record this TD doc. :oops: :oops:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:I just bought a 160gb hardrive TVrecorder off BidTV specifically to record this TD doc. :oops: :oops:
bad time to tell you it was a wind up then? ;)