TICKETS AVAILABLE - ROYAL ALBERT HALL LONDON

DarkMatter
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by DarkMatter »

Ticket purchased. Let the setlist speculation begin! RAH 75 - The Dream Mixes? Zeitgeist ohne the Geist? Matters not a jot. This is going to be a special event. There's just something so right about TD and the Albert Hall. Is it April yet?
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

pb2rdf wrote:@all
Recording video and taking pictuers during a concert.

In my opinion next matters.
1st. - The performer, artist makes, defines the rules. If an artist once gives permission for taking pictures, it is hard for the fans when suddenly permission is not allowed anymore. So once given permission, always permission I think.
ie. TD allowed taking pictures in Frankfurt, Alte Oper concert with one request, don't flash.
Besdes, Edgar viewed a short video on my small compact camera (not the 20x zoom, I own it now for a month) after the London Eye concert. And nothing said about not allowing shooting short video's.

Jean Michel Jarre encourages taking pictures during his concerts :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhO7ZFxMEN8

2nd. - During concerts security has obviously an own policy. STL camera's were not allowed at the JMJ concert last week in Amsterdam.
I don't know if the performer, artist gives instruction to security, but I think it's hard to believe they don't.

My camera was inspected by security and allowed. It has a 20x optical zoom. And I can make video's of max 1 hr with the camera. (which I don't make of a concert, how can I enjoy the concert !!! Only short shots of around max 1 minute per song)

In case of TD it's better to stay at home and buy the DVD of the concert. Is much cheaper as making your own video (count ticket, travel, hotel cost together, result, very expensive video) and you can watch the performance from different points of view.

see : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 875F17E596

Where to draw the line for digital camera's ?
Compact digital camera's : allowed
STL camera's : not allowed ? ( In common the quality of pictures is much better as with compact camera's)
Video camera's : There are compact camera's which can make movies and there are compact video camera's which can make pictures.
So that's a difficult one.
Video recording on tape, harddisk : not allowed ?

When visiting a concert it should be (made) possible to make pictures and shooting short video's for your own memory of a concert.

There are always people who want to make money with taken pictures, video's during a concert. But that's a minority ( I think)
That's also the fact with ticket selling. Ticket resellers sell tickets for a much higher price as tickets sold direct at the ticketoffice of the theatre, music hall !!!!

If you are a real fan you don't want to harm your favorite artist, performer. Otherwise production of music will stop, and who has a benifit when this happens ??

grtz, Peter

PS, below my Zetgeist counter ( in days).
You make interesting points, many which I understand.

My question to you is this:

If I were to go to ANY concert, how would I know if cameras or picture phones are allowed? I assume a sign or notice somewhere which would forewarn you would have to be suffice, otherwise it would not be fair to the fan who paid the ticket which helps put money into the artist's pocket, right? Its been awhile since I have been to a concert, last one was Metallica and there flashes were going off every second, no problems with people getting booted there. Would not be fair to get kicked out permanently especially if you were not warned. I can see a warning, but to get kicked out is ridiculous. Unless you violated the policy again after being warned the first time.

I know I would not want my equipment confiscated, but I would take that chance, that is just who I am, just like the next guy. I have done it in the past, but one has to know the tricks not to get caught.

I would have to disagree with you regarding the statement "if you were a real fan you don't want to harm favorite artist". After all, I am paying the ticket price which puts $$ in the band's pocket, and we should be allowed some kind of souvenir or remembrance of that venue, and a picture or little video should make no big deal of. What would happen if noone bought tickets? Band would make no $$ and probably would not play that venue again, but my point is it is us the fans who go to concerts to enjoy the music and support our favorite artists, and expect the artists in return to support, respect and appreciate their fans by allowing some leeway for them to take some video shoots or photos. Just my opinion which many share, an opinion which does not hurt any artist I may add :D
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

epsilon75 wrote:Andy,you repeat that policy time after time before every gig mate and it makes not a tiny bit of difference. If TD dont want filming i am sure it is up to them to announce it and make sure the stewards implement that ruling,even then it is nigh on impossible with todays small but highly effective technology.
I and everyone else know the rule but most people including you and i have risked the wrath on more than one occasion,that is honesty and fact.
At the UCLA gig, I brought my camera. Right at the front door, there was a HUGE sign that said no photography allowed inside. Totally bummed, I went back to my rental car and put my camera back. After I get inside, I find that everyone has a camera!! Damn was I angry! Oh well.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Press record first, ask questions later :wink:
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

TheMan wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Andy,you repeat that policy time after time before every gig mate and it makes not a tiny bit of difference. If TD dont want filming i am sure it is up to them to announce it and make sure the stewards implement that ruling,even then it is nigh on impossible with todays small but highly effective technology.
I and everyone else know the rule but most people including you and i have risked the wrath on more than one occasion,that is honesty and fact.
At the UCLA gig, I brought my camera. Right at the front door, there was a HUGE sign that said no photography allowed inside. Totally bummed, I went back to my rental car and put my camera back. After I get inside, I find that everyone has a camera!! Damn was I angry! Oh well.
I guess if there is a silver lining, at least you still have your camera! :D
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

exit81 wrote:Press record first, ask questions later :wink:
Good one!! :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

My brother recently videoed a lot of stuff at a recent music show in Frankfurt and was actively encouraged to do so by many of the artists performing there. He's also videoed several concerts recently and has been contacted by several band members to thank him. They'd been put up on Youtube and got fans interested in the bands music and tours.

In the past I think bands didn't like it because it stopped programmes being sold and stage sets being given away, but who these days sells programmes or puts on a big stage show.

Also you can't make a decent recording of a whole show, with a single camera, that people will buy in preference to a professionally produced DVD.
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Press record first, ask questions later :wink:
and don't drop it! ;)
exit81

Post by exit81 »

This only happened once!!! :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

TheMan wrote:
Hey Man!
I was one of the several who had cameras inside that venue. I remember seeing that sign too. I had my digital inside my pants pocket and a slr hung around my neck as I walked in. No problem. The slr was borrowed and I had a hard time working it. So I started using my digital. I did get asked not to take pictures during the concert-twice. I backed off for awhile. But ended up taking more pics/vids.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: TD don't allow videoing at their gigs mate
If you got a camera that takes video i cant see EF running off stage to smash your Equipment. There are hordes of recent TD clips on you tube and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be many more,permitted by band or not.

Goodnight :arrow:
why did he smash my camera last time then? ;) I'm only repeating TD's policy
Andy,
Is this true about your camera being smashed by Edgar?
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I dont think there is anything wrong with taking pictures or short videos of concerts. Back in the day, I would bring (sneak) my 35mm camera with telephoto lens into concerts all the time. It was never taken away. Just warned not to take pictures. I did not have a problem with that. But I would always end up taking a few more photos. You have to remember back then there was no internet, no camera phones (that you can email to friends). So what was the intention back then to take pictures or videos? For most and myself, it was a souvenir. For others, a quick buck or two. I think in this day and age with the great www, alot of bands would encourage the use of cameras/short vids to promote them on the internet. If I was a big fan of whoever, I would like to see a short clip on youtube. I would still go out and buy the dvd of the concert. My pics and vids I share on the net is for those who could not be at the concert or for those who have never seen the band. For others to enjoy.
24db

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: If you got a camera that takes video i cant see EF running off stage to smash your Equipment. There are hordes of recent TD clips on you tube and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be many more,permitted by band or not.

Goodnight :arrow:
why did he smash my camera last time then? ;) I'm only repeating TD's policy
Andy,
Is this true about your camera being smashed by Edgar?

no...besides, it would be a honour ;)
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Andy, just imagine the price you could get on Eaby for a camera with Edgar's prints on it!!!

I wouldn't sell it anyways if I had a camera smashed by the 'King' himself. Would make a great conversation piece!! :wink:
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

tadreamer74 wrote:You make interesting points, many which I understand.

My question to you is this:

If I were to go to ANY concert, how would I know if cameras or picture phones are allowed? I assume a sign or notice somewhere which would forewarn you would have to be suffice, otherwise it would not be fair to the fan who paid the ticket which helps put money into the artist's pocket, right? Its been awhile since I have been to a concert, last one was Metallica and there flashes were going off every second, no problems with people getting booted there. Would not be fair to get kicked out permanently especially if you were not warned. I can see a warning, but to get kicked out is ridiculous. Unless you violated the policy again after being warned the first time.

I know I would not want my equipment confiscated, but I would take that chance, that is just who I am, just like the next guy. I have done it in the past, but one has to know the tricks not to get caught.

I would have to disagree with you regarding the statement "if you were a real fan you don't want to harm favorite artist". After all, I am paying the ticket price which puts $$ in the band's pocket, and we should be allowed some kind of souvenir or remembrance of that venue, and a picture or little video should make no big deal of. What would happen if noone bought tickets? Band would make no $$ and probably would not play that venue again, but my point is it is us the fans who go to concerts to enjoy the music and support our favorite artists, and expect the artists in return to support, respect and appreciate their fans by allowing some leeway for them to take some video shoots or photos. Just my opinion which many share, an opinion which does not hurt any artist I may add :D
What I mean with : don't want to harm favorite artist, is not to earn money with pictures, video's, recorded music you have taken during a concert.
And restrictions to pictures, video's and audio recording is mostly written on your ticket. I just read it on the ticket for TD concert in Berlin, and Paris.
On the ticket of the Jean Michel Jarre concert in Amsterdam nothing of this kind was written.
Despite restrictions I think for visitors of a concert it should be possible to shoot pictures, short video's for memory of the performance.
I think it's in both interest.
Flashes can be unpleasant for the artist, performers, but that's up to them to judge.

grtz, Peter