Weather

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Well, my home town is famous for it's rainy weather. But a few days ago we officially set a new record:

It has been raining EVERY DAY FOR 60 DAYS - can anyone match that :?: :?:

And it's still pouring down...
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

No less than 60 days? I thought that was perfectly normal in Bergen. :lol:
After a week or two of frost down here (but no snow), it finally started pouring down again a few hours into the new year.
Where is the &%@# snow?!? :evil:

Møkkavær...
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

[quote]
Møkkavær...[/quote]

"Møkkavær " it IS :!: :!:

BTW: Happy New Year to you, Mephisto. How come you're up so early on New Year's Day? I have my periods of insomnia, so for me waking up 5.30 in the morning is quite "normal"...
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Well, fellow insomniac, it appears we have the same problem.
Me, I've been awake all night watching episodes 4-8 of the Beatles Anthology DVD box. :wink:
batman

Post by batman »

Sun with Cold in my town.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:Well, my home town is famous for it's rainy weather. But a few days ago we officially set a new record:

Dont think we can do the 60 on the trot but we really do get an awful lot of rain here in Wales :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:Well, my home town is famous for it's rainy weather. But a few days ago we officially set a new record:

Dont think we can do the 60 on the trot but we really do get an awful lot of rain here in Wales :cry:
I remember when I moved to the Lake District in the early nineties, it rained every day from September to December. :(
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

No rain today :D Yet :( its on the way and forcasted for the next three days :x :x :evil: :roll:
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Temps are still way above the norm here, but I did managed to put 63 miles on my Sled New Years Day.

:)
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Cold, Windy, Dark (yes at 15:42), Drizzly and generally another sh!**y day in paradise....
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Raining again here................its just bloody awful :x
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Snow! :D
Finally. Now let's just hope the temperature stays below...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

And the rain still keeps coming :x supposed to be going to watch the rugby today,that is if the game is still on............the ground is sodden :(
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

The most annoying thing is that, despite many weeks of heavy rain, the headline news in the UK this morning is that the hosepipe ban in our region will remain and they are still predicting that next summer could see the worst drought on record. Apparently the rain we're getting is 'too heavy' and to fill the water table - rather than just the resevoirs - we need lighter more prolonged rain rather than the heavy downpours we have been experiencing.

Every autumn we're used to the excuse given for train delays that the wrong kind of leaves have fallen on the line, or the one given in winter that it's the wrong sort of snow on the tracks. But, the wrong sort of rain!! Oh, I give up.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Wolfman wrote:The most annoying thing is that, despite many weeks of heavy rain, the headline news in the UK this morning is that the hosepipe ban in our region will remain and they are still predicting that next summer could see the worst drought on record. Apparently the rain we're getting is 'too heavy' and to fill the water table - rather than just the resevoirs - we need lighter more prolonged rain rather than the heavy downpours we have been experiencing.

Every autumn we're used to the excuse given for train delays that the wrong kind of leaves have fallen on the line, or the one given in winter that it's the wrong sort of snow on the tracks. But, the wrong sort of rain!! Oh, I give up.
I think there could be a people's revolution before long... there are too many failures like this... really just a way of raising revenue for the shareholders.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!