Dream cut short

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I used to feel short changed when I bought a short album..but these days I prefer something around the 40 - 50 minutes in length. Some CD's can drag on IMO.
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Got to say I tend to agree with Mr Lovell on this one, I remember feeling slightly short changed when I bought this LP a few years ago.

I've still only got this on vinyl so it's more than alittle annoying having to get up and change the record over after less than 15 minutes!

What we need is an 09 extended drum 'n' bass remix.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Quantity is no substitute for quality :arrow: One of the all time greats :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Janus

Post by Janus »

A beatifully crafted masterpiece, whatever the length, that's stood the test of time..pure original EM magic at its finest IMHO
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Agree 100% with Colin & Chris on this - Stratosfear is a masterpiece in every sense of the word - the playing time has never bothered me, it's as long as it is supposed to be 8)
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

bergen-dreamer wrote:Agree 100% with Colin & Chris on this - Stratosfear is a masterpiece in every sense of the word - the playing time has never bothered me, it's as long as it is supposed to be 8)
Amen to that, chaps :wink:
jacob

Post by jacob »

bergen-dreamer wrote:Agree 100% with Colin & Chris on this - Stratosfear is a masterpiece in every sense of the word - the playing time has never bothered me, it's as long as it is supposed to be 8)
But £3.25 was a lot of money in 1976 :P :wink:
(In 1975, £3.25 would have the same spending worth of today's £18.10)

I guess the song remains the same? :wink:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

And how much do those "value-priced" cupdiscs cost again? :wink:
jacob

Post by jacob »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:And how much do those "value-priced" cupdiscs cost again? :wink:
"the fairest price possible" :wink:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

Quality over quantity every time

A dozen notes played well have always meant more than 90 minutes of endless noodling
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Spooky. I've just finished listening to this and was blissfully unaware that it was, so say, a short album.

Mind you I don't think TD are the only band to be accused of this, I seem to remember Megadeth had similar problem with So Far, So Good......So What, which is, of course, one of their absolute classics. :roll: