TDOC

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:Yes, but it is NEARLY every update that is delayed or has problems.

:cry:
let me run it...I've got some new excuses ;)
Talking of the TDOC (and no I'm not trying to mix it, or run anybody down here), but could somebody show me in black and white where it said there were meant to be monthly updates?, I've never seen it myself.

I made that point myself, it never says anywhere that there will be monthly updates.
hansx

Post by hansx »

tachyontv wrote:Well I am very happy for you that the latest delay fits nicely into your weekend schedule.

Actually, you are right, it doesn't say "monthly" updates and I stand corrected. But there is no way on earth I'll be renewing my subscription given the poor run of updates so far. Four months! Really?
in a way you are right, it is a bit poor.
But,.... THE good thing was, shaking hands with the band after THE concerts. And that was something others didn't have.
Besides in the Genesis fanclub they are still waiting g
for à cd for two years
tachyontv

Post by tachyontv »

Well I never got an invite to the last meet and greet despite this being part of the "deal". The last email I got from TDOC was on Christmas Eve.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:Yes, but it is NEARLY every update that is delayed or has problems.

:cry:
let me run it...I've got some new excuses ;)
Talking of the TDOC (and no I'm not trying to mix it, or run anybody down here), but could somebody show me in black and white where it said there were meant to be monthly updates?, I've never seen it myself.

I made that point myself, it never says anywhere that there will be monthly updates.
That's what I thought, but don't get me wrong 'if' people think it's not enough or they're not getting value for money then they should say so...politely!
Last edited by 24db on Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

tachyontv wrote:I am going to ask for a refund. This is quite ridiculous. When I signed up to TDOC I expected *monthly* updates - this is what I signed up for. It has now been over 4 months without an update and I am getting sick and tired of the usual excuses. What kind of server problems make it impossible to upload some mp3 files? Is it stream-driven?

Pathetic.

Neil
tachyontv wrote:Well I am very happy for you that the latest delay fits nicely into your weekend schedule.

Actually, you are right, it doesn't say "monthly" updates and I stand corrected. But there is no way on earth I'll be renewing my subscription given the poor run of updates so far. Four months! Really?
I agree with you 100%.
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
timer

Post by timer »

Think we should all calm down !

Im sure Eastgate have a bucket full of stress over this already , without us increasing it for them .

I feel anyone with issue's would be better of contacting Eastgate direct - than airing it here on a public forum.

Personally I can wait .
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

timer wrote:Think we should all calm down !

Im sure Eastgate have a bucket full of stress over this already , without us increasing it for them .

I feel anyone with issue's would be better of contacting Eastgate direct - than airing it here on a public forum.

Personally I can wait .
I have to agree here (despite me not being the most patient of people). Good point and well made
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Think we should all calm down !

Personally I can wait .
Totally agree Tim.

EF is a busy man. At times like these I always think what would I rather EF were doing, stuff for TDOC or formulating some new musical/artistic project....

...guess what the answer is?

You just know he's not sitting around doing nothing.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

I disagree with you, but I respect your opinions. However, the person who has registered as "EASTGATELIES" and "eastgatecan'tkeeppromises" is just TOO MUCH!
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
tachyontv

Post by tachyontv »

You totally agree about not arguing about this and yet you feel that it's fine to post your own counter-argument!

You make it sound like I'm asking EF to personally update the TDOC. That's nonsense. Do you really think that the last update involved him ripping his own mp3s from his CD copy of Firestarter so he could fire up his FTP programme and upload them himself?

Actually, even if he did it wouldn't have taken him FOUR MONTHS to do it.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Personally I can wait too, but it is frustrating to be promised something and then it not happening.

Roll on monday. I didn't know about the new registrations though :shock:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
har

Post by har »

I had noticed these new registrations.............sad :(
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

har wrote:I had noticed these new registrations.............sad :(
Agree. It's rediculous.
Close this forum down, and start listen to the music instead!

Wasn't it Klaus Schulze that said: "To write about music is like dance about architecture". Or something...

It means that music is meant to be listened to, and that it makes no sense talking about it.

Personally I like to discuss things, and I have my opinions. I agree that all this is frustrating. And I am sure there are things that could have solved this problem (see Jacob's comment in the "Interaction" section of the TDOC. He has a good point there.)

Anyway, I think that in this forum there are so much strange behaviour, and a lot of non-sense, that from time to time I don't want to write here anymore. It's hard to have your own opinions here if they are a bit radical. It's as if we all should go around and smile at everything all the time, and not dare say a single critical word.

Well, I am usually honest, and I have opinions on stuff. I comment on things that I think makes no sense. And I get frustrated when no answers are given (f.ex. about the registration prosess and the banning of e-mails). But most of the time I have made positive comments in here.

There are also way too many treads started all the time. Often about the same subjects, or even about things that I don't want a music forum to be filled up with.

Still I like to discuss music, but if all this s**t continues I suggest that the forum may be closed down, and all you guys start listen to music instead of debating.

Have a nice Saturday! :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I only will comment here on TDOC

All TD fans need to make a sensible decision on whether to purchase a TDOC card for 30 or 50 euros, a decision on whether 'its worth it' or ' what benefit do I get or how does it benefit TD'. NO gun is held to a TD fans head, if one feels short changed or the content not to thy taste then dont renew.

For thee record I did not renew, but that's my choice, made due to financial constraints forced on me by ill health and having no job and that for me at the moment, TDOC has no benefit, my cash is better spent elsewhere. I may renew, I may not. I will decide when I decide.

NP: Tangerine Dream-Force Majeure...incredible music, incredibly played
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

Once again our apologies for the delay, but we can't change the situation over the weekend.
But one thing is for sure: We will never meet up people's expectations, but we always try our best within the frame of our capacities and we never promised monthly updates. Honestly, I personally think the club did offer a lot so far: meet and greets with the band, flights to concerts, concert tickets, free music, photos behind the stage, videos etc. etc. But we will keep our efforts high to improve the club.

Those who are totally dissatisfied should write to Eastgate and they will get their money back. I think this is fair.

Best regards,
EB (Admin)

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN