++ ONLINE NOW - CHANDRA & THE LONDON EYE CONCERT ++

theonehorst
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by theonehorst »

please put it online as mp3. cd is soooo old fashion.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

theonehorst wrote:please put it online as mp3. cd is soooo old fashion.
Not necessarily, I still use cds everyday and know others who do as well. Guess I am old fashioned, eh? :wink:
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

tadreamer74 wrote:
Not necessarily, I still use cds everyday and know others who do as well. Guess I am old fashioned, eh? :wink:
CD's old fashioned.. :roll: Makes me about 200 years old then.. :wink:
theonehorst

Post by theonehorst »

I really don't have a cd player anymore. so mp3 would be just nice.... but I still have records ;)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I still buy a lot of CDs, but sometimes I wonder why. The last 100 or so CDs I have bought I have never ever played. I just rip them onto my PC, look/read through the cover, and onto the shelves they go.

So a lot of music I am happy to just buy digital versions of. For example I have bought numerous of the downloads from Eastgate, although they are a bit pricey (goes for most digital music). They should be remarkably cheaper, because you never get any physical item to show your friends, hehe.

But as I said, I still buy a lot of CDs. All the new TD releases I buy on CD. Downloads are mostly to get the older releases that I never bought earlier.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

MP3's are old fashioned too. Newest trend is vinyl - top quality, minus the occasional crackling ... :wink:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Michael66 wrote:Newest trend is vinyl -
You're sooo right about that Michael 8)

Can't wait for the first vinyl release from Eastgate... :wink: :arrow:
ant

Post by ant »

:D Have no interest in downloading whatsoever. CD's (along with TD of course) Rule OK! I love all the packaging and everything else that goes with it, like the feel of it in your hand. It's all part of the magic, especially owning TD albums. There is none of that overall feel I would think when you just download it onto a little machine. Where's the romance in that?? Long live CD's I say!! :D
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Having worked with computers for many a long decade I'd much rather have a nice shiny silver CD, they don't tend to go bang or display the "blue screen of death". :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote:...There is none of that overall feel I would think when you just download it onto a little machine. Where's the romance in that?? Long live CD's I say!! :D
I'm not a romantic. I'm an erotic! Gimme the music! :twisted:

PS. I still buy CDs though. The booklet can be nice to look/read once (or maybe twice). :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

ant wrote::D Have no interest in downloading whatsoever. CD's (along with TD of course) Rule OK! I love all the packaging and everything else that goes with it, like the feel of it in your hand. It's all part of the magic, especially owning TD albums. There is none of that overall feel I would think when you just download it onto a little machine. Where's the romance in that?? Long live CD's I say!! :D
In a nutshell... 8) :D :wink:
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

ant wrote::D Have no interest in downloading whatsoever. CD's (along with TD of course) Rule OK! I love all the packaging and everything else that goes with it, like the feel of it in your hand. It's all part of the magic, especially owning TD albums. There is none of that overall feel I would think when you just download it onto a little machine. Where's the romance in that?? Long live CD's I say!! :D
Very well put! I like the artwork and liner notes that come with cds as well. Something extra to add to the beauty of trhe music you can feel in your hand. Also, if your PC crashes, cds will always back up your music, but if stored on computers, well you get my drift... :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:
Very well put! I like the artwork and liner notes that come with cds as well. Something extra to add to the beauty of trhe music you can feel in your hand. Also, if your PC crashes, cds will always back up your music, but if stored on computers, well you get my drift... :wink:
of course...if your PC crashes you can't order the physical CDs anyway ;)

Just kidding mate. Actually I don't mind mp3's and downloads provided I still have the choice of getting the CD 'if' I like the music
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:

Just kidding mate. Actually I don't mind mp3's and downloads provided I still have the choice of getting the CD 'if' I like the music
I will download the mP3's and if I like the music enough I will end up buying the cd too. Have done that on eastgate several times now.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I download MP3s myself which I do before buying the music on cd format, however I was referring to method of storing the music once that MP3 or music is purchased, which would be cd format. This way I always have it wherever I can go, I am old fashioned and like my cds and I have a few disc players in my home and in my autos which are other reasons I stick to cds.

And if I have mp3s on my PC and it crashes..ouch.. I would hate that to happen which is why I also copy everything to cds. Plus, my hard drive would not be big enough on my computer to store all my music on. 2000 cds is a lot to store, if you know what I mean mate! I have friends or local library i can go to if I need to order physical cds if PC crashes, least of my worries, so cds are still the better way to go. Not the case with MP3s if PC crashes, lost forever if not backed up.:D :wink: