Chris Squire (1948 - 2015)

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chris Squire (1948 - 2015)

Post by Insvims »

Heartbroken by this sad news. :cry: :cry: :cry:

trekky and smurfy

Re: Chris Squire (1948 - 2015)

Post by trekky and smurfy »

what can we say, total shock, bought my 1st YES lp in 1975 aged 13 and have been a keen follower ever since, in fact it was rick wakemans amazing minimoog solos that led me to tangerine dream, chris squires bass playing was second to none, have seen YES so many times in the past, and actually met chris on the 'drama' tour in southampton (uk) a really nice guy,

in fact we had just finished listening to 'progeny, highlights from seventy two' the new c.d. when we heard the news, we knew he was ill but it was still a shock, even if you were not a lover of yes music, you could not be more than impressed by his bass playing, in a yes program from yesshows 1977 it said chris could give a 'thunderstorm a run for its money' and he did frequently, listen to 'whitefish' on '90125 the solos'

despite what has been said about what happened with 'jon anderson' there are some nice words from jon on his website,

a great man has been lost, may he have a safe journey, and thanks for (with your fellow yes friends) some of the best music that has ever been released,

steve/lisa
stand on hills' of long forgotten yesterdays'
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

There are a lot of bass players that have gotten attention before, and now and then you go to a concert, and you can hear Bootsie, or you can hear Stanley, or you can hear something resembling Jaco ... and then ... the difference stops.

You wonder where all the dexterity and musicianship went, and how it affected and helped create the music that has become such a strong part of our lives?

Chris belongs in that group. It might have been a bit of the show side of things, but there is no doubt, when you hear his fingers run to heaven and back, that you just experienced something special that very few musicians of any kind ... know how to play and work it ... you remember it forever.

I suppose there is no greater compliment to a musician than those amazing moments, and that the chance to record them helped bring it all together ... and the fact that at the time, no one stood in their way -- Chris would likely have broken a bass over their heads? -- and the band, went on to put together a lot of memorable music.

I think it's time that YES, takes a rest. And if they have one other epic piece behind them, it will have to be with Jon Anderson at the helm, to help bring together, one last time, the beauty of the work that one person gave their life for ... music that will forever be remembered.

You can't ask for more.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Excellent articles in this month's Prog magazine all about Chris. Tributes, stories, great pictures, especially the front covers. Highly recommended and a great magazine also.

Emotional reading for me. I will miss you so much Chris.

Chris on the tour that commenced my Yes addiction.................

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

trekky and smurfy wrote: ... in fact we had just finished listening to 'progeny, highlights from seventy two' the new c.d. ...
Thank you for mentioning the new box. I knew nothing about it. It's a nice compilation and worth to have it.