LOOM

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: LOOM

Post by multivit72 »

Hi har,
there has been a topic on this one already - search option is your friend... ;)

http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... lit=waters
har

Post by har »

Hi there multivit, sorry I missed your topic :wink:

Enjoyed the utube links, good sounds.

Might be short but sweet this EP but on the purchase list.
goozer

Post by goozer »

So, r4man — has your disc arrived yet? Still waiting for mine... :roll:
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
r4man

Post by r4man »

goozer wrote:So, r4man — has your disc arrived yet? Still waiting for mine... :roll:
Nope. was just about to ask you. :roll: :!:
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

har wrote:Hi there multivit, sorry I missed your topic :wink:

Enjoyed the utube links, good sounds.

Might be short but sweet this EP but on the purchase list.
Hi har, I like to order from Victoria park because they have the best deal for Postage compared to moonpop or EASTGATE. So if you order something like the latest loom record there, youn wont regret adding the Waters cd to the basket...
goozer

Post by goozer »

r4man wrote:
goozer wrote:So, r4man — has your disc arrived yet? Still waiting for mine... :roll:
I sent an email to Moonpop, and posted a query on the Loom FB page — still awaiting a response. On Friday I'm going to start a claim with PayPal.

Update: I received an email from Moonpop this morning saying they have opened an "international search request" for my shipment. If you haven't yet, you should contact them, too.

FINAL UPDATE: The CD arrived today! Hopefully, the mail burro will be paying you a visit shortly.
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
Jon

Post by Jon »

har wrote:Ok cheers TD will check these links.

Would have been interested to hear fans views but no matter.

Obliged to ye.
I think Waters' solo stuff is really strong and melodic.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Here's my own cut verison of loom album.
So I add the song for this album.

01 - Rejuvenation 8:08
02 - Polaroids From Anywhere 08:09
03 - Cloudwalk 04:35
04 - Quantal Highways 04:17
05 - The Vedic Ritual 08:39
06 - A Grand Solar Minimum 07:07
07 – Bandhu 09:33
08 - A Night Out At The Cirqus Voltaire 06:17
09 - Chants Beyond The Underworld 05:07
10 - Emerald Suite 08:27
11 - Tachycardia 05:54

:!: :arrow:
r4man

Post by r4man »

goozer wrote:
r4man wrote:
I sent an email to Moonpop, and posted a query on the Loom FB page — still awaiting a response. On Friday I'm going to start a claim with PayPal.

Update: I received an email from Moonpop this morning saying they have opened an "international search request" for my shipment. If you haven't yet, you should contact them, too.

FINAL UPDATE: The CD arrived today! Hopefully, the mail burro will be paying you a visit shortly.
Still waiting for my Burro's arrival. I followed your lead and contacted them shortly after you indicated you did. My reply was a tracking number indicating it arrived in the US on December 20th. Maybe this week....
So, what do you think? Worth the wait?

Update: Finally!! Just in time to listen to on a long plane flight.
goozer

Post by goozer »

r4man wrote:
Still waiting for my Burro's arrival. I followed your lead and contacted them shortly after you indicated you did. My reply was a tracking number indicating it arrived in the US on December 20th. Maybe this week....

Excellent! Of course, you're probably not going to see this until after your trip...

I like the disc — it's an interesting amalgam of their styles. As others have said, there are several subtle sonic nods to the past, yet the band is clearly still building their sound. It doesn't reach out and grab you, but several tracks point to a promising future.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

goozer wrote:
r4man wrote:

Excellent! Of course, you're probably not going to see this until after your trip...

I like the disc — it's an interesting amalgam of their styles. As others have said, there are several subtle sonic nods to the past, yet the band is clearly still building their sound. It doesn't reach out and grab you, but several tracks point to a promising future.
These are also my thoughts after 2 listens. There is no outstanding track for me but I do like it very much, and as Goozer says, promises much for the future. Overall, just a tad disappointed and was waiting in vain for a Matjora moment.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I finally got the new album. A really strong effort IMO, it really hasn't got a bad track. Maybe no absolute classic tracks on it, just very good craftsmanship, with some musical links back to Jerome's best album, his debut Neptunes.

I have seen that the album has received some only so-so reviews, calling it too "mellow". I can't say I agree.
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

I really like the second song Cloudwalk. Just for fun, i try to found who composed it. It sound like a Schmoelling song but maybe Waters also (i don't know alot about him). The third song is absolutely Schmoelling.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Schmoelling in wonderland wrote:I really like the second song Cloudwalk. Just for fun, i try to found who composed it. It sound like a Schmoelling song but maybe Waters also (i don't know alot about him). The third song is absolutely Schmoelling.
That's interesting you should say that about Cloudwalk. I think it may be predominantly a Robert Waters track. I say this because if you compare Cloudwalk to the Waters piece Sun Castle (which appears on Loom's first EP) there is a similarity in style and melody, at least to my ears. I agree it does appear to have a certain Schmoelling touch to it as well.

Other tracks seem to me very obviously Jerome Froese's work (again, at least predominantly so). For example, the final track Tachycardia (love this one!) has Jerome's signature all over it. Also track four, The Vedic Ritual - another favourite and I would guess Jerome was the main composer of this one.

My first impression of this album was that it was pretty mellow - possibly too mellow for some. But after many listens I must say it's a real grower. Some of the tracks have a real depth and subtlety to them. A few of the compositions I wish lasted a bit longer, and that to me is the sign of good music! :)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:I finally got the new album. A really strong effort IMO, it really hasn't got a bad track. Maybe no absolute classic tracks on it, just very good craftsmanship, with some musical links back to Jerome's best album, his debut Neptunes.

I have seen that the album has received some only so-so reviews, calling it too "mellow". I can't say I agree.
I agree on this. Superb album. Only strange thing is the use of the traditional Irish tune in one of the tracks. That tune I only associate with the beautiful Simple Minds song Belfast Child. On an electronic instrumental album it sounds a bit out of place.