VINTAGE TOUR TSHIRTS

gumball
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

VINTAGE TOUR TSHIRTS

Post by gumball »

Guy's, I'm a lover of vintage tour shirts but these are very hard to get hold of and you don't see many up for sale on Ebay.

Because the first Tangs gig I went to was on the 1981 UK tour I know I must have missed out on some of the cool 70's tour tshirts.

If you are familiar with the US company called Trunk you will know how well these kinds of shirts can be reproduced with the original tour designs, although not cheap.

I would love to see a Tangs vintage collection produced and am sure it would be very popular.

Anyone own any of the older shirts and willing to share some details, maybe pictures and/or generally any other thoughts on this area?

By the way I'm not a lover of their recently designed shirts but perhaps I'm a little too into my nostalgia!!
Peter Beasley

Re: VINTAGE TOUR TSHIRTS

Post by Peter Beasley »

Saw TD at Royal Albert Hall ('75 and '76) and Croydon ('75 and '76). Didn't see any t-shirts for those tours. The Cyclone tour ('78) was the first t-shirt I bought followed by '80, '81 and '86' UK tour t-shirts. Don't recall t-shirt being available for '82 UK tour. Still have the 1986 tour t-shirt in very good condition. I intend to put it on ebay at some point.
24db

Post by 24db »

Virgin Records had several TD t-shirts available in the 70's (PHAEDRA and RICOCHET spring to mind) Jerome can be seen wearing a Phaedra t-shirt on one on the inner cover of RUBYCON
gumball

Post by gumball »

Cheers guy's, interesting info. I remember the 82 tour shirt, had the triangle design from White Eagle. It would be great if anyone could share any photo's of these shirts.
24db

Post by 24db »

check out the photo on Brad Duke's TD site: http://tdarchives.com/main.html
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

gumball wrote: I remember the 82 tour shirt, had the triangle design from White Eagle.
I remember buying a sweatshirt on the 1982 tour (grey with small White Eagle triangle design). Ended up using it as a goalkeeper's jersey.