Tangerine Dream Trees Series

bp59
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bp59 »

just new to the tree projects mnself, have up to vol 61. Some great work and some very rare tracks, like Brother or Stranger from city of shadows.
Great track, wonder if we will ever hear other film score misic in the future :P
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I am wondering about the oldest TD tracks available with the Trees (and Leaves) : which ones were really recorded in 1968 ? :?:

We know that the two "Essen 68" tracks (TT vol. 59) were probably NOT played by TD ( and maybe not in 68 ). So what remains ?
Probably "Sing this all together" on TT vol. 88 (a short part of a Rolling Stone's cover)...
Otherwise, is there any music from the movie "Der Meteor" available on the TT ? (was that movie made in 68 ? I'm not sure at all... :? )
And is there anything else ?

I'm not a TT expert and I hope my question is simple for some of you here... :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

TDludo wrote: ... Otherwise, is there any music from the movie "Der Meteor" available on the TT ? (was that movie made in 68 ? I'm not sure at all... :? )
- not in 1968 and no movie: http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/der_meteor.htm
The (unofficial) Cinema Lost Cinema Found Collection (Volume 4) contains a nice 9'47 "No Word Mix" of music from Jim und Pablo: Der Meteor.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Cyclone wrote:- not in 1968 and no movie: http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/der_meteor.htm
The (unofficial) Cinema Lost Cinema Found Collection (Volume 4) contains a nice 9'47 "No Word Mix" of music from Jim und Pablo: Der Meteor.
Okay, that's what I suspected : I've seen a wrong information about The Meteor... Thanks. :wink:
What about the "real 1968 tracks" ? Does anyone know for sure ? :arrow:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Erik

Post by Erik »

Essen wasn't TD?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Erik

Post by Erik »

i've always wondered why they were playing drone music in 1968, that definitely explains it. i'm guessing the band never said anything in regards to it.

but did they still play on that date?
alipaul wrote:Trees & leaves a wonderful act of devotion by fans to honour a fantastic band & artist in EF

Listen to them on a regular basis ..................love the variety
i'm so glad they exist. otherwise, i'd never hear these recordings. and being as young as i am, it's not like i ever had the chance to see TD perform back in the day.
hansx wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:
drmusicj wrote:umping back as Ive had a busy month. My intent when I originally posted about this in the music area was exactly that....listen and discuss......Id have to do it by number since I havent gotten them all yet.
I've only got bout a dozen n half. :cry:
if you look in the internet, there are plenty of them to download. In any case don't spend hundreds of euros on ebay for it.
yea, this is definitely the way to go. i believe there are torrents for the entire leaves and tree series. blowing a billion dollars on ebay CD-R's is about the dumbest thing i could think of. this stuff should be FREE.
i guess one could argue that paying money for it makes it more meaningful. but to each their own. a bootleg is just as meaningful to me regardless of price.
TDludo wrote:I only listened to a dozen of TT volumes (entirely, I mean), but I'd like to take the necessary time to discover all of them. It's not an impossible mission, after all !
that's what i'm doing. it's REALLY spread out, but i'm slowly working through the tree series chronologically. and when i'm finished, i start over with the leaves. after i get done with those, then i listen to all the non-canon shows.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

After nearly 5 years have passed since I had to stop the Tree & Leaves series due to personal & legal issues, it's good to know that TD fans still discuss a thing or two about which concert or disc has stood the test of time. This really was a labour of love, especially when some of the concerts got a commercial cd release (the nice 'Bootleg Box' and the not-so-nice 'Bootmoon' series) I knew that it was worth it. Back then I didn't even have a PC (only a solid Hifi system with EQs and Denoisers), and had to send out the majority of my tapes/CDR's to trustworthy people who remastered them for me ('3N' and Wouter being the two guys who did the most outstanding work, any other amateurish sounding remastering can be blamed on yours truly alone :lol: )
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the tree material was sourced directly from digital or analogue master copies of radio or broadcast stations (TT9 London 1975 or TT17 Berlin 1980, or soundtracks like Vampira, Ein für allemal, Daniel etc.), while some audience recordings were presented here for the first time (mostly in the 'Leaves' series).
When I pulled the plug in October 2006 I had nothing else in store as nearly everything got released within the TT/TL series. So it was a lucky coincidence that it had to stop at that point in time, especially since what started as a little fan project had become a much bigger thing which went out of control (trolls selling CD counterfeits for big bucks like Edgar told me). Believe me, it's much nicer than just being a fan than being a part of the music business. At the end of 2006 I sold my two copy stations (and fell right off my chair when I counted a total number of almost exactly 100.000 burned discs), and never looked back. In fact, I haven't listened to any TD music since 3 years or so (cold turkey! :wink:), but after this long absence I might try out some of the new stuff which is available for download. As I type this I'm wearing my "Ricochet" t-shirt (it still fits!), so there's still hope 8)
Heiko H.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Nice one Heiko...thought youd disapeared of the planet. 3 years and no TD...get it sorted.. :lol: '
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Outstanding! Cant wait. I am new to the TT/TL series. Just got my TT's last year from a fellow TD forum fan (whom I wont mention here). You know who you are. Thanks again!!!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Nice to the Heiko.H name floating around again. Hope u find something of interest in the more recent TD output. There's some good stuff about.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Have a question. . . . .on the album "Poland, the Warsaw concert" (1984). Has this concert ever been released on the TT/TL series?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Erik

Post by Erik »

tdream4ever wrote:Have a question. . . . .on the album "Poland, the Warsaw concert" (1984). Has this concert ever been released on the TT/TL series?
you can find the show in it's entirety, but it was never in tt or tl

and Heiko, i can't believe i'm posting on the same page as you
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Whoopysnorp wrote:After nearly 5 years have passed since I had to stop the Tree & Leaves series due to personal & legal issues, it's good to know that TD fans still discuss a thing or two about which concert or disc has stood the test of time. This really was a labour of love, especially when some of the concerts got a commercial cd release (the nice 'Bootleg Box' and the not-so-nice 'Bootmoon' series) I knew that it was worth it. Back then I didn't even have a PC (only a solid Hifi system with EQs and Denoisers), and had to send out the majority of my tapes/CDR's to trustworthy people who remastered them for me ('3N' and Wouter being the two guys who did the most outstanding work, any other amateurish sounding remastering can be blamed on yours truly alone :lol: )
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the tree material was sourced directly from digital or analogue master copies of radio or broadcast stations (TT9 London 1975 or TT17 Berlin 1980, or soundtracks like Vampira, Ein für allemal, Daniel etc.), while some audience recordings were presented here for the first time (mostly in the 'Leaves' series).
When I pulled the plug in October 2006 I had nothing else in store as nearly everything got released within the TT/TL series. So it was a lucky coincidence that it had to stop at that point in time, especially since what started as a little fan project had become a much bigger thing which went out of control (trolls selling CD counterfeits for big bucks like Edgar told me). Believe me, it's much nicer than just being a fan than being a part of the music business. At the end of 2006 I sold my two copy stations (and fell right off my chair when I counted a total number of almost exactly 100.000 burned discs), and never looked back. In fact, I haven't listened to any TD music since 3 years or so (cold turkey! :wink:), but after this long absence I might try out some of the new stuff which is available for download. As I type this I'm wearing my "Ricochet" t-shirt (it still fits!), so there's still hope 8)
Heiko H.
Many thanks from me Heiko. I've spent many happy hours listening to the Trees and Leaves...

...and not spent the earth to do so.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Whoopysnorp wrote:After nearly 5 years have passed since I had to stop the Tree & Leaves series due to personal & legal issues, it's good to know that TD fans still discuss a thing or two about which concert or disc has stood the test of time. This really was a labour of love, especially when some of the concerts got a commercial cd release (the nice 'Bootleg Box' and the not-so-nice 'Bootmoon' series) I knew that it was worth it. Back then I didn't even have a PC (only a solid Hifi system with EQs and Denoisers), and had to send out the majority of my tapes/CDR's to trustworthy people who remastered them for me ('3N' and Wouter being the two guys who did the most outstanding work, any other amateurish sounding remastering can be blamed on yours truly alone :lol: )
Heiko H.
Great to see you here, Heiko. I occasionally had a non-TD period in my life. But old love never rust. Also my thanks for the great job you did.