Tangerine Dream on BBC 4 TV in October

TangFanIRL
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by TangFanIRL »

I'm just getting to watch the Kraftwerk live show broadcast by BBC4 in October. Interesting to note that this programme broadcast mainly German versions of their songs e.g. The Model, Radioactivity etc..
timer

Post by timer »

TangFanIRL wrote:I'm just getting to watch the Kraftwerk live show broadcast by BBC4 in October. Interesting to note that this programme broadcast mainly German versions of their songs e.g. The Model, Radioactivity etc..
Maybe they should have got TD to do German versions as well. :wink: :D
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

timer wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:I'm just getting to watch the Kraftwerk live show broadcast by BBC4 in October. Interesting to note that this programme broadcast mainly German versions of their songs e.g. The Model, Radioactivity etc..
Maybe they should have got TD to do German versions as well. :wink: :D
Very true! ;-)
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:If anyone wants to see a real documentary on a band (ok, with a few celebrity talking heads for a few minutes at the start, but I'm ignoring that bit ;)) run out and buy Anvil, the Story of Anvil. I couldn't care less about the music or heavy metal in general, but it's one of the best Docs I've seen this year, alongside Man on Wire and Werner Herzog's Encounters at the end of the World. Brilliant stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4H8lB2Y_o
Funny you chould say that about the Anvil DVD, loads of people have said the same thing to me, it's even got good reviews in the press. I'm quite tempted to get a copy.
Honestly it's very good...and that's coming from somebody who would avoid HM at the best of times. Like all the best docs, it's about the people first, even if they're a bit 'out there' you can relate to them, and their ups and downs. Give it a go...HMV had it for £7, so I'm sure you can get it far cheaper online.

I found it rather ironic being a TD fan...but you'll have to watch the DVD to get what I mean
"Heavy Metal In Baghdad" has the same qualities as "Anvil". One has to be made of stone, not to be touched by those two films!
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

j_pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Funny you chould say that about the Anvil DVD, loads of people have said the same thing to me, it's even got good reviews in the press. I'm quite tempted to get a copy.
Honestly it's very good...and that's coming from somebody who would avoid HM at the best of times. Like all the best docs, it's about the people first, even if they're a bit 'out there' you can relate to them, and their ups and downs. Give it a go...HMV had it for £7, so I'm sure you can get it far cheaper online.

I found it rather ironic being a TD fan...but you'll have to watch the DVD to get what I mean
"Heavy Metal In Baghdad" has the same qualities as "Anvil". One has to be made of stone, not to be touched by those two films!
I watched that on the TV about a year or so ago and found it quite moving. It would be interesting to see an update on how they're getting on. I know at least one of them is now recording in the States.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Just watch it on you tube.

:!: :arrow: