Farewell Tour concert cd

Thomas Mc Nulty
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Farewell Tour concert cd

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

As a secondary thread to the wishlist of tracks, I think that the setlist of each concert should be varied enough to have its own identity. Also as a continuation of that rationale, instead of single concerts being released on disc, I would love to see a 4+ CDset featuring highlights of the entire tour. Also as this is the last announced tour, perhaps it could be pressed on to archival grade (gold) CDs.. Personally I wouldn't mind paying the extra if it was an option. It is perhaps a little early to start this thread maybe, but I hope it starts an interesting debate.....
sparrow

Re: Farewell Tour concert cd

Post by sparrow »

Would like to see a cd release of the farewell tour yes but there have been a lot of live releases the last few years.. Bring it on though.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

vigil.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I sincerely hope we get a full CD release of the London SBE concert for a number of reason's,this would be very welcome :idea: :D

Would also go along with a couple more releases of the 2014 tour, and as Thomas said,maybe collected into 4CD sets, made up of tracks from the different concerts performed throughout Europe,this seems a good idea :idea: 8)

Saying that,maybe the band would like to release a CD/DVD of the show in Russia on the 6th of June to commemorate Edgar's birthday :idea: 8)
Last edited by epsilon75 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

epsilon75 wrote:I sincerely hope we get a full CD release of the London SBE concert for a number of reason's,this would be very welcome :idea: :D

Would also go along with a couple more releases of the 2014 tour, and as Thomas said,maybe collected into 4CD sets, made up of tracks from the different concerts performed throughout Europe,this seems a good idea :idea: 8)
They ought to line up the fans at the after show and take a photo of each of them and put them in the booklet, as a special memento. That would be cool.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GlynRichards wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I sincerely hope we get a full CD release of the London SBE concert for a number of reason's,this would be very welcome :idea: :D

They ought to line up the fans at the after show and take a photo of each of them and put them in the booklet, as a special memento. That would be cool.
Great idea 8) but a very fat booklet :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:

Great idea 8) but a very fat booklet :wink:

Edgar would have to spend a while using photoshop... :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

A cd released after each show during their farewell tour would be nice. I remembered buying a cd-r of the Allman Brothers show right after it ended that evening. You pay at the merch stand and then stand in another line to receive the cd with case and sleeve. I believe if you wanted to purchase the same concert or other dates you could at a later date on their website.

I also would like to see a proper farewell package consisting of shirt/program and or poster/ep. But thats dreaming!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I think I would prefer to wait for proper cd releases rather than the cdr or usb stick you can buy just after the concert. I have a few of those, but the overall quality is not the same.
But a release with more concerts mixed into the same release could be nice as a variation from the complete concerts. But we are still waiting for the so called Luxury Pack from the Electric Mandarine Tour also.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Insvims wrote:I think I would prefer to wait for proper cd releases rather than the cdr or usb stick you can buy just after the concert. I have a few of those, but the overall quality is not the same.
But a release with more concerts mixed into the same release could be nice as a variation from the complete concerts. But we are still waiting for the so called Luxury Pack from the Electric Mandarine Tour also.

Yes, because the majority of the set will remain the same, with variations at each gig.
It would make a nice tour memento if they did this. (But since the last couple of one-off concerts have been
issued as triple CD sets just for one gig, I can envisage a 5/6 CD set to cover the whole tour :) )
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

If they kept the variations to the encores, they could release a disc of just the encores. 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

There will be one for definite.....there always has been recently.
Thomas Mc Nulty

Would imagine that both the Copenhagen & Moscow concerts will get a single concert cd release. Hope Copenhagen does anyway if there is unused music from Sorcerer on it.
hansx

Post by hansx »

From every concert a cd. Peter Gabriel f.i. Is doing the same. Allman Bross also. Assume there is some money to spend for these artists, but nevertheless. No taping necessary for some fans also. Cause the quality is usually good.
Thomas Mc Nulty

Now that things are fairly quiet, any mention of the tour cd being released yet. Hopefully, with respect, Santa Claus won't keep us waiting to Christmas! Perhaps I will be a naughty boy and suggest that both this tour cd and the Road Map To Music gig can be pressed on to CD for a Luxury pack. I thought it a great gig and am surprised it never got at least a download release. Would be more than happy to buy it on a physical CD